• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My top job skill? How about staying alive...

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I worked one of the top 5 most dangerous jobs: America's-Most-Dangerous-Jobs: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Interestingly, things like law enforcement that you'd think would be dangerous never seem to make the cut on these lists. My dad worked in the field for many years, and was burned in 3 fires, nearly had his thumb torn off, and had his leg broken so badly that the foot was pointing 180 degrees in the wrong direction...

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I worked one of the top 5 most dangerous jobs: America's-Most-Dangerous-Jobs: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Interestingly, things like law enforcement that you'd think would be dangerous never seem to make the cut on these lists. My dad worked in the field for many years, and was burned in 3 fires, nearly had his thumb torn off, and had his leg broken so badly that the foot was pointing 180 degrees in the wrong direction...

are you willing to tell us what field you were in???

but man let me tell you, that math tutoring that I used to do was *dangerous* :happy: Ok, just kidding :cheese:

S

sammy

Yeah, you got my curiosity riled up. Which job did you do?

...while administrative-support duties (couriers and stockers) claimed the most working women.
Hmm.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, you got my curiosity riled up. Which job did you do?

Hmm.

I think that prostitution definitely claims the most women, but I guess they don't count that on their official Forbes report.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I think that prostitution definitely claims the most women, but I guess they don't count that on their official Forbes report.

Yeah, I don't think that statistic follows things you can't put on your resume.

Though, maybe McDonalds might still hire someone with 10 years prostitution experience? One would think they would be used to the grease ;)

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
They don't consider being in the military a job in that article, or do they?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Scientists would be up there, but occupational health and safety keep killing our score.

Scott

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9/5?
I'm disappointed that the OP didn't live up to the thread title's Gaius-Baltar-referencing potential. The most dangerous job is clearly being an unintentional double agent of sorts in a war between humans and cylons.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm disappointed that the OP didn't live up to the thread title's Gaius-Baltar-referencing potential. The most dangerous job is clearly being an unintentional double agent of sorts in a war between humans and cylons.

Lol. :D

I was a farmer and rancher for seven summers while I worked my way through college. (From seventh grade up until graduating college.) Actually, now that I think about it, I did get hit in the head with a wooden fencepost so hard it knocked me to the ground once. Other than that (and inhaling toxic herbicide fumes that will probably give me lung cancer in about 10 years) I escaped unscathed. :D

It is dangerous though. A friend we knew got stuck in a bale stacker and would have been crushed if he'd been about 20 lbs. lighter and a half a foot shorter. (Really, he shouldn't have gotten up there to clear the stacke!) Fortunately, he was so big that the bale stacker couldn't complete its cycle so the second stage of the hydraulics didn't kick in and kill him. Instead, he stood there with his head sticking up out of the bale wagon until his wife came to bring him lunch. :D