• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

passive agressive teachers

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So I wasn't feeling well last wednesday so I emailed the teacher my work and said I felt ill. He has yet to email me back, and we were suppose to have conferences this week, so their's no class if I miss again I lose a letter grade so I think I'll have to withdraw, which is really fucking annoying. I know the email's correct because I've emailed him before, and he's replied back.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Print the sent email out and go visit him during office hours to make sure he got it. Best way to handle passive aggressive people is to call them out on it and be active aggressive in person. The reason why they're passive aggressive in the first place is because they cannot handle assertiveness, so when faced with it they crumble.

bcvcdc

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTx
who the fuck are you and what do you want?

this is me being very nice. if you could feel what i feel inside, you wouldn't think I'm nice.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I re emailed him this morning and he never got it, but he said to bring in a hard copy and he'd help me figure out about getting caught up. and that it won't affect my grade.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
So I wasn't feeling well last wednesday so I emailed the teacher my work and said I felt ill. He has yet to email me back, and we were suppose to have conferences this week, so their's no class if I miss again I lose a letter grade so I think I'll have to withdraw, which is really fucking annoying. I know the email's correct because I've emailed him before, and he's replied back.

Sorry prpl, but I'm not seeing how this is passive-aggressive. I've gotten emails before and meant to reply and they fell off my radar until re-prompted. If he's getting emails from other students (which he most likely is) as well as other work related emails it really could've been a matter of it slipping through the cracks, not necessarily PA behavior. Why did you label it passive aggressive?

For my most important emails, I request a read receipt and a delivery notification.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Isn't it regular to phone when taking a sickie. An email seems a bit ... avoidant. Ooh. The irony.

:)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't like the phone because I have a hard time understanding people unless i can see their face. And you can't send homework through the phone. and sometimes even when I'm looking directly at them I miss hear shit all the time.So email is actually a more effecient way for me to communicate that an text.

why it got labled passive agressive is I emailed him a few hours earlier before I started feeling sick same email address with a question, and he replied back. And then I felt better (I'm on lexipro which makes me nauseas, and it was particularly bad that day), but I remembered I had to go to the post office unless I wanted a package to be sent back, I was sort of convinced he saw me on the street and was pissed about that. So I was getting back from the post office the same time class was getting out which would have made me look like a liar. but I didn't lie, nevermind I'm obviously the bad person this happens everytime I ask for any sort of advice.