User Tag List

Thread: Teaching ISFJs

Default Teaching ISFJs

I don't know if this is an ISFJ thing, but some people, many ISFJs it seems, were never taught to think. I sent in an e-mail to my music ed TA: there's a girl in my MIDI class, who says "now what to do i do?" like she's in the army or something. I always ask "what do you need to know next?" and she says "i don't know". And I wonder, why didn't she ask me that do begin with if she doesn't know what she needs to know? Maybe its just me but I see that as a pretty basic question. "I'm lost... Let me find out what I need to know." but instead she just asks "what do i do next"

My question is, it might turn her off if I say "come to me with a question besides 'what do i do next' and I will help you" because some people need a kick in the ass, whether its their fault or not. What else can I do?

This happens a lot.

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

I don't know ANY ISFJs who behave like that- the ones I know are quite competent at doing thier own thinking! One is in grad school as a hydrogeologist, one is a journalist, one runs the family farm while her husband works in a factory and one teaches... all kind of HAVE to think for themselves!

I actually clicked here because I thought "teaching isfjs... my mom is an isfj AND a teacher "
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Uhm, yeah, I don't think this is a type-related problem...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Uhm, yeah, I don't think this is a type-related problem...
    I agree. People, regardless of type, generally have the capacity to think for themselves
    The MBTI is a tool to help you on your self discovery. It nor any other the label can ever hope to describe you, because you are are unique and special, we all are. Any comments made regarding a group of people should be considered to be general and not ubiquitous; and no one should lose of sight of that. . Do not stereotype other people or yourself for that matter, but generalise if you must when a general example or pattern is required. And if you took the time to read this thank you