First 123

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    As punishment for your tardiness, I am going to plagiarize your devil picture and sell it for boatloads of cash at a local art auction.

Sucker!
    Your efforts are not part of a group project, and therefore irrelevant as they will not affect me. I demand royalties, especially if you sell my work to some neuvo riche yuppies from Buckhead. :steam:
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I understand your point, I bust my ass for my grades. No one's laziness is entitled to disrupt my accomplishments.

Oh, I haven't played all my cards yet. If we are dinged in any way by the Prof., his ass is being thrown to the wolves. Believe it.

P.S. Would you have nightsticked his shins or Maced him?
    Ooh no expense spared. I'm going with Mace.. hmm.. but what's the point in having cake if you can't eat it too? So lets go with Mace, night stick to the shins, and making him eat spiders and/or fire ants while getting carpet burn, followed by taping him in nothing but a tutu to an office chair with a "I <3 Law lulz" painted on his chest for librarians to find in the morning.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Ooh no expense spared. I'm going with Mace.. hmm.. but what's the point in having cake if you can't eat it too? So lets go with Mace, night stick to the shins, and making him eat spiders and/or fire ants while getting carpet burn, followed by taping him in nothing but a tutu to an office chair with a "I <3 Law lulz" painted on his chest for librarians to find in the morning.
    Now THAT is some hardcore gangster shit.

Daaa-YAMMMN!!!!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    Majority of essays are just paraphrasing a bunch of "approved sources". If you ever did come up with an original idea yourself, they wouldn't believe you because you didn't cite anything!
    Actually, this is one of the major issue between students/professors.

Genuine innovative ideas are very rare though, and understanding them is often hard enough.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Actually, this is one of the major issue between students/professors.

Genuine innovative ideas are very rare though, and understanding them is often hard enough.
    I think that the best way to know if your idea was genuinely new or not is by looking at the professor's publications webpage after 6 months. If you see a paper with your idea as title, then you know he thought it was good, even if he shot it down at first (like all good ideas, of course).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    This post is just a reminder to any of you that have group projects in your classes to check the other people's work for plagiarism, as it can jeopardize your grade.

Cheers,

-Halla
    You mean the other members of your workgroup actually did some work? Amazing! You must have a great workgroup.

<--- not the best workgroup-chooser...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    You mean the other members of your workgroup actually did some work? Amazing! You must have a great workgroup.

<--- not the best workgroup-chooser...
    Haa! I hear you, that is usually the case.

Luckily, I know 2 of the 5 others in my group, and they are smart and motivated.

Between the three of us, we pulled it through.

A fourth guy was OK, he contributed too.

The plagiarist was way out of bounds.

Another member made a marginal effort but did nothing that is irreconciliable.

We'll see what the grade is, that is the real test of it all...
    --------------------
    Type Stats:

Quotes:

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Plagiarism is apparently getting increasingly common, but it's also getting easier to discover because of the internet and so on.

It's something that REALLY makes me mad and it also makes me think some people must be really stupid. When I was in grade 10 or so we'd been given a writing assignment, to write a short story, and were all reading each other's stories and I discovered one guy had plagiarized The Elephant's Child by Rudyard Kipling. I mean, not just the story or whatever, much/most of it was word for word. Only one of the most famous short stories ever written. How stupid can you be?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING