• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Workgroup Member BUSTED for Plagiarism...

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As punishment for your tardiness, I am going to plagiarize your devil picture and sell it for boatloads of cash at a local art auction.

Sucker!

Your efforts are not part of a group project, and therefore irrelevant as they will not affect me. I demand royalties, especially if you sell my work to some neuvo riche yuppies from Buckhead. :steam:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I understand your point, I bust my ass for my grades. No one's laziness is entitled to disrupt my accomplishments.

Oh, I haven't played all my cards yet. If we are dinged in any way by the Prof., his ass is being thrown to the wolves. Believe it.

P.S. Would you have nightsticked his shins or Maced him? :2ar15:

Ooh no expense spared. I'm going with Mace.. hmm.. but what's the point in having cake if you can't eat it too? So lets go with Mace, night stick to the shins, and making him eat spiders and/or fire ants while getting carpet burn, followed by taping him in nothing but a tutu to an office chair with a "I <3 Law lulz" painted on his chest for librarians to find in the morning.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ooh no expense spared. I'm going with Mace.. hmm.. but what's the point in having cake if you can't eat it too? So lets go with Mace, night stick to the shins, and making him eat spiders and/or fire ants while getting carpet burn, followed by taping him in nothing but a tutu to an office chair with a "I <3 Law lulz" painted on his chest for librarians to find in the morning.

Now THAT is some hardcore gangster shit. :nice:

Daaa-YAMMMN!!!! :shock:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
AngelPray88.339131529_std.jpg

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Majority of essays are just paraphrasing a bunch of "approved sources". If you ever did come up with an original idea yourself, they wouldn't believe you because you didn't cite anything! :rofl1:

Actually, this is one of the major issue between students/professors.

Genuine innovative ideas are very rare though, and understanding them is often hard enough.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Actually, this is one of the major issue between students/professors.

Genuine innovative ideas are very rare though, and understanding them is often hard enough.

I think that the best way to know if your idea was genuinely new or not is by looking at the professor's publications webpage after 6 months. If you see a paper with your idea as title, then you know he thought it was good, even if he shot it down at first (like all good ideas, of course).

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This post is just a reminder to any of you that have group projects in your classes to check the other people's work for plagiarism, as it can jeopardize your grade.

Cheers,

-Halla

You mean the other members of your workgroup actually did some work? Amazing! You must have a great workgroup. :D

<--- not the best workgroup-chooser...

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You mean the other members of your workgroup actually did some work? Amazing! You must have a great workgroup. :D

<--- not the best workgroup-chooser...

Haa! I hear you, that is usually the case.

Luckily, I know 2 of the 5 others in my group, and they are smart and motivated.

Between the three of us, we pulled it through.

A fourth guy was OK, he contributed too.

The plagiarist was way out of bounds.

Another member made a marginal effort but did nothing that is irreconciliable.

We'll see what the grade is, that is the real test of it all...

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Plagiarism is apparently getting increasingly common, but it's also getting easier to discover because of the internet and so on.

It's something that REALLY makes me mad and it also makes me think some people must be really stupid. When I was in grade 10 or so we'd been given a writing assignment, to write a short story, and were all reading each other's stories and I discovered one guy had plagiarized The Elephant's Child by Rudyard Kipling. I mean, not just the story or whatever, much/most of it was word for word. Only one of the most famous short stories ever written. How stupid can you be?