• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

FAFSA Fun Time

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
(Excerpt from a help chat I was in)

Blank: I thought I could still provide my mother's information, but the page I'm at demands a number of college students in her household.

Blank: The number would technically be zero, but it won't let me input that.

Clarissa Rose: put 1

Blank: Could you explain why?

Clarissa Rose: no

Blank: ...Then why should I listen to you?

Clarissa Rose: because i'm correct

aiwebs_dizzy.gif
aiwebs_dizzy.gif
aiwebs_dizzy.gif

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
They want to know for next year. They assume that even if the FAFSA-ee don't get FAFSA money they would be going to college anyway, so that 1 is the person you're filling out the FAFSA for..

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They want to know for next year. They assume that even if the FAFSA-ee don't get FAFSA money they would be going to college anyway, so that 1 is the person you're filling out the FAFSA for..

I hate it when people make assumptions:

ASSUME = ASS out of U and ME

:rolli:

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6

Nonetheless, there are zero people in my mother's household that are going to college.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Financial aid is designed to weed out potential recipients by exposing them to increasingly absurd levels of bureaucracy.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow, this is a lot of FASFA and Fun in the same sentence. I've been debating whether to get into this world of splendor or not, but I think I'll face similar things to the OP.

(..and yeah, Clarissa Rose is probably xxTJ..)

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
To those asking, I do not live with my mother, but it still wanted me to provide parental information.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To those asking, I do not live with my mother, but it still wanted me to provide parental information.
Oh, so you're under 23 and you have to file as a "dependent" student, right?

I really don't like the qualifications they have for "independent" and "dependent". I knew a girl who lived on her own, completely supported herself financially...but since she was under 23 she still had to include her parent's info. And her parents were rich, so she got royally screwed over.

I'm glad I'm a senior and I don't have to fill out the FAFSA again.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Oh, so you're under 23 and you have to file as a "dependent" student, right?

I really don't like the qualifications they have for "independent" and "dependent". I knew a girl who lived on her own, completely supported herself financially...but since she was under 23 she still had to include her parent's info. And her parents were rich, so she got royally screwed over.

I'm glad I'm a senior and I don't have to fill out the FAFSA again.

Complicated situation; my mother is a discouraged worker and had her house foreclosed. She lives in my grandparents' house while I now live with my sister.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You have to give your parents information if you're under 23. It's fucked up, but there it is. It screws some people out of even being able to go or continue going to college until they reach the age of "independence." An acquaintence of mine went through this. She's 21, lives with her bf, and her mother's husband refused to provide their tax information for the FAFSA. She had to withdraw from school.

So put your mother's info. It's basically to make sure that people from upper-middle class and wealthy families aren't scamming the government for Pell Grants or something. Unfortunately, it backfires in some situations, like my acquaintence there. I hope it works out better for you.