User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Blackmail/extort someone (who is rich)
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    no its actually not. im in the middle of deciding what i want to do with my life and i know i want to do business/marketing. Do you have any good websites or any info that could get me on the right track? ie: school courses-highschool/college. or anything of a sort?
    Sorry... I've never formally studied the stuff, and just randomly check things out as I find them.

A good idea (that I've been doing on and off) is to study up on people and products that have made it. How did Bill Gates succeed? How did Larry Page and Sergey Brin, founders of Google, go from small players renting a garage to being one of the biggest companies in the world? Why is Twilight such a success when there are superior book series out there?

Learn to discern their patterns. How did they view things like failure? How smart were they vs how good were they at hiring smart people? (That latter is important! It's often better to befriend an expert than to become an expert yourself.)

Develop multiple skills, and learn how to intermingle them. Scott Adams (creator of the comic Dilbert) didn't get rich because he was the best IT guy, or because he was the best artist, or even because he was the funniest. He got rich because he combined all three skills in a unique way.

You'll find that in order to break the $100,000 a year mark, you need to start getting creative with your career choices.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Become a gigolo.

start a Lemonade stand.
    look for business failures (look for companies going bankrupt) and turn them into success.

the only way to make money is to steal other people's businesses.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Sorry... I've never formally studied the stuff, and just randomly check things out as I find them.

A good idea (that I've been doing on and off) is to study up on people and products that have made it. How did Bill Gates succeed? How did Larry Page and Sergey Brin, founders of Google, go from small players renting a garage to being one of the biggest companies in the world? Why is Twilight such a success when there are superior book series out there?

Learn to discern their patterns. How did they view things like failure? How smart were they vs how good were they at hiring smart people? (That latter is important! It's often better to befriend an expert than to become an expert yourself.)

Develop multiple skills, and learn how to intermingle them. Scott Adams (creator of the comic Dilbert) didn't get rich because he was the best IT guy, or because he was the best artist, or even because he was the funniest. He got rich because he combined all three skills in a unique way.

You'll find that in order to break the $100,000 a year mark, you need to start getting creative with your career choices.
    Good suggestions. Check out Sam Walton and Cornelius Vanderbilt too

Still, I think get rich quick = fail. IMHO - 100K shouldn't be too hard if you pick the right profession. 500K or more requires highly valued skills, right place in right time, leadership, and maybe creativity. 2M or more requires something different - a will and the ability to rise the top of an organization (long time), serious luck, or serious entrepreneurship.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    start a Lemonade stand.
    I did this. It didn't work.

look for business failures (look for companies going bankrupt) and turn them into success.
    Easier said than done.

the only way to make money is to steal other people's businesses.
    I know people do this but this is where I would draw the line. Not ethical, trampling on others = not worth doing.

I may kick their ass in the marketplace, legitimately, but never steal.

If you can master anything and you want it quick I would go with online poker. The barriers to entry are non-existant and the risk/reward ratio is huge as long as you don't play with more than you can afford to lose, which would fuck with your play anyways. The amount of time for an investment to reach its potential is seconds to minutes. Also if you truly can master it then you will have a quantitative advantage over the many bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post

Well said.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Become a gigolo.
    To really fat chicks.

That or just sell sperm.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    I did this. It didn't work.

Easier said than done.

I know people do this but this is where I would draw the line. Not ethical, trampling on others = not worth doing.

There is no ethics in the business world. Only competition and marketshare.

If we are competing in the same market, the only way to beat the opponent is to steal his business.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.