• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Not Hot For Teacher

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
It sounds like she warned you that her personality clashed with your daughter's and asked you to put her in a different class to prevent any conflict between them, and you didn't do anything about it. Maybe she thinks that it's okay for her to take it out on your daughter now since she warned you about the conflict and you refused to listen to her.

Obviously it is not up to her to decide who is in her class and it's not right for her to mistreat your daughter,but I think that no matter what course of action you take, your daughter will still have to switch classes. If you get her in trouble and continue to keep your daughter in that class, she may find alternate ways to get back at you for it.

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
If I recall correctly, you can only be in favor of those programmes because you're a fascist at heart, and they represent a way to propound your eugenic/narcissitic/elitist ideology?

How could someone that pretends to be as brilliant as you can fall so low and do not see the inner contradictions betwen his assessments?

No, I'm in favor of them because they were fun. It was fun to go to a special small class with no strings for grading attached to experience stuff nobody else did.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The reason why gifted programs should have support is because xNxPs are bored easily and bad things tend to happen when they're bored. Like explosions.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The reason why gifted programs should have support is because xSxPs are bored easily and bad things tend to happen when they're bored. Like explosions.
Fixed.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
It sounds like she warned you that her personality clashed with your daughter's and asked you to put her in a different class to prevent any conflict between them, and you didn't do anything about it.

If that was the issue the teacher could have gotten the child moved. You do realize they usually won't move a child on a parent's request unless you get really, really lucky.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, the teacher would get in trouble? That is amazing! :)

It didn't happen often, but the way he did it left the principal with no real way to punish him in the worst of cases and on his side in the best of cases.

I like gifted programs as they give us with ability in more mental abilities to work what we have. I see it as fundamental as intra and inter-mural sports for the more physically adept. We all have to learn most of the same things to minimum get by in this world, but in the end we should also move in directions where our strengths and interests lie to better the world for those around us. Isn't that part of the purpose of community?