• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP professional guidance?

Blutter

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
any INTPs out there who have found themselves in the consequences of a happy career choice? Please share your story with this confused late-bloomer.:blush:

I'm studying economics right now, but absolutely hate it. It drains me.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
actually i think the whole problem with us INTPs is we aren't MADE for careers. We ought to be like socrates, just running around all day, drinking wine, philosophizing and learning aobut ANYTHING WE WANT TO! We were NOT designed to be in "a career". I find the whole notion offensive and disrespectful to my overall abilities.

That being said, I'm going for a Uni professor position eventually, as this is the one place where a diverse interest in learning is the most accepted. But even then you get pigeon-holed because you can only be a professor in one department at a time.

"Oh, so you're in psychology? Then why would you want to study physics?" <---- ASSHOLES!! grrr

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
any INTPs out there who have found themselves in the consequences of a happy career choice? Please share your story with this confused late-bloomer.:blush:

I'm studying economics right now, but absolutely hate it. It drains me.

And the thread remains an empty bat cave.

The only things that have energized me long-term are entrepreneurial in nature, but I believe that each individual has to find their calling. Playing around in the business world is like a board game, where you can develop a sound strategy and can maneuver yourself and your pieces here and there based on that strategy. And I don't mean that to sound like business is just a simple board game. It is indeed very complex, but still fun and rewarding.

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
actually i think the whole problem with us INTPs is we aren't MADE for careers. We ought to be like socrates, just running around all day, drinking wine, philosophizing and learning aobut ANYTHING WE WANT TO! We were NOT designed to be in "a career". I find the whole notion offensive and disrespectful to my overall abilities.

:cheers: (That's supposed to say "I'll drink to that")
Personally I'm going for "armchair philosopher disguised as housewife"