User Tag List

First 123 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    I would love a world strike. Ithe power is with the majority not some uptight psychotic corp.
    Well, start a group in facebook. I would join if I was a member...

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Well, start a group in facebook. I would join if I was a member...
    I am seriously thinking about it. But a watertight outline would need to be written with short good reasons of the value of doing it and the negative impact that corporations have, so as to get a lot of people to join. Then a date set.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Yes, we can easily define them right here, perfect them, and then strike where it hurts! It would be best to have a week pause in shopping as well. What we have to do first is to get a Che Guevara flag!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Yes, we can easily define them right here, perfect them, and then strike where it hurts! It would be best to have a week pause in shopping as well. What we have to do first is to get a Che Guevara flag!
    The flag would have to be new. But I think it would be better not have one at all, the symbol is the people themselves and not a concept, but a uniting movement towards our freedom and rights.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Flag of no form... I like that, very taoist...

But, really, the problem would be, how to keep them out? In practice it is not possible. If I apply for a job, how can I know that the boss hasn't googled me? It's even worse if our movement takes the problem underground. Everyone would be doing it, but there would be no news of it anymore...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Flag of no form... I like that, very taoist...

But, really, the problem would be, how to keep them out? In practice it is not possible. If I apply for a job, how can I know that the boss hasn't googled me? It's even worse if our movement takes the problem underground. Everyone would be doing it, but there would be no news of it anymore...
    Yes. It's similar to the page on an application for crimes committed and states that it's because "we believe in equality" - yeah right. Back to the fb thing, it may go underground but it does give them less room to fire people and does give some ground to the employee. Having said all that it's just more tape and beuracracy, the best solution is to remove the problem all together and get rid of corporate power.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    the best solution is to remove the problem all together and get rid of corporate power.
    I think the companies are kinda antiquated with their perspective. They think they have the money so they can decide this and that about the people they hire. I see myself as the deciding agent in this business. I am the one to decide if I want to stay in a company, it is me who has the power over myself. I think today people think more in this way, we were raised to see individualism as a cornerstone of the society (weird concept, actually). The companies that see this are the ones that will survive in the long run.

But, then again, what do I know, I am officially unemployed.

Oh, actually, how about this (imagined) example: A kid goes to school counselor telling he's worried about his friend committing a suicide, there are typical emo pics and poems in the facebook. Can the counselor go see them? Or, let's say there is no kid going to tell anything to the counselor, maybe he just goes there to find the suicide stuff by himself. Should he act? Is it right for him not to act? Does it change the situation if the counselor is a facebook friend of the suicidal kid?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I'm reading 1984.

We can start the Revolution when I'm done.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This is why I don't do much except for send private messages on facebook.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    Canadian woman loses benefits over Facebook photo - Yahoo! News

This intersecting of real life and Internet worlds such as Facebook and Myspace has got to stop. It is so ironic that we are living in the age of Big Brother, and it turns out it's self-imposed because people post TMI on the Internet. Even if this person was truly having fun at these events, as shown by the pictures, does that overturn a doctor's diagnosis of clinical depression?
    No. It's certainly stupid that an insurance agent's judgment carries as much legislative sway (insofar as insurance coverage is concerned) as a medical doctor's diagnosis.

Methinks an appeal is likely on its way; shouldn't be too much of a bother to amend the insurance coverage. Having the medical doctor draft an official letter justifying her behavior should help to repair the situation. If not, there's always legal action that could be explored.

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    It's time for another round of fair labor law legislation that bars employers from stepping into employee's personal lives on the Internet. It is truly ridiculous, when veterans of Internet forums (such as anyone reading this post) realize that 100% of anything anyone posts on the Internet could be 100% made-up falsehoods anyway, in which case the companies would be basing real-life decisions on malarky.

Where is the public outrage over these continual occurrences? Make no mistake, even if you just flip burgers in the corner fast food joint, your employer is monitoring you 24/7. Soon, we'll all have to wear that McDonald's smile everywhere we go, even while we are sleeping, or risk termination.

There's so much to be outraged about every day now, that it seems like this concept of privacy outsidethe workplace is lost on the general public. Are you fine with getting fired if you go to the beach, post a picture of your trip to your Facebook account, and your employer fires you the next day because they thought your bathing suit was a bit too skimpy/innappropriate and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it because of the current labor laws? :confused:
    As far as this goes, I don't sympathize. Depending on your occupation, willfully advertising certain conduct comes with the pain of real-world accountability. If your behavior compromises the integrity of your workplace (Iíve known teachers who have had to curb their showmanship on social networking sites, like Facebook. Comes with the territory.), itís wise to avoid splashing yourself in places where you can be easily observed by people responsible for your employment.

Thereís no real ďinvasionĒ scenario like you describe. Letís not forget that people are deliberately posting pictures of themselves online. If they encounter occupational friction as a result, itís on them.

(You're also exagerrating your premise - show me where a bikini has caused unemployment?)