• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pharmacy

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Hmm, I'm planning on becoming a pharmacist... But I'm behind on my prerequisites since I took a year off from school. It's a lot of science and math...

Personally, I feel like pharmacy is a great career to get into if you're looking for stability (there will always be healthcare jobs) or if you're looking for a calm/relaxed/slow paced environment. It's the perfect job for IxxJs, although... I'm not sure if it's great for Ps; pharmacy seems like it'll be too much of a routine and "slow" for Ps. Plus, pharmacy technicians usually do most of the work... can you deal with that?

Honestly, if you always want to have a job with great pay then do it. Although, I highly recommend shadowing a pharmacist for a couple of days.

Ben Dover

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I've looked into this career path some.

Depending on what you do with it, it has the potential to be EXCEEDINGLY boring. especially if your one of those "retail" pharmacists just dispensing drugs.

however, pharmacy = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

and there's other things you can do with it too, like i'm pretty sure there's pharmacists in hospitals who work with patients more directly. and you can always go into industry, which i think would be the most fun but it requires experience.

idk, this is just information i got from someone i did an interview with. I used to think I was going to do pharmacy, but i'm already tired of math. And money isn't all that worth it, i'd rather do something i absolutely love. I'm thinkin psychology instead :D

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Thanks for the answers.

paperoceans: I agree with you. I've always thought it was more of an IxxJ career too, and that I was underestimating the hard work, time, effort, everything about it... too much. Even if I could get through all of the expensive schooling with decent grades (which I believe alone to be a stretch), I think that the job just wouldn't fit, like you said. I think I'm attracted to the idea of it because it is secure and high paying and who wouldn't want that?

Ben Dover: You make a point in that it could get very monotonous, and you're very right, it does pay a lot of moolah. :D I hope you enjoy psychology. :)

Are there any health care fields that would fit the INFP more so? I know psychology is usually mentioned for INFxs.

Last edited:

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
i think pharmacy would be fun u can make anything u want using organic chemsitry!! :)

butane + Br2/heat = 2-bromobutane

then idk u can add leik some sodium tert-butoxide 2 make da double bond and since it sterically hindered it go 2 da less substituted carb :)

NOW WE HAVE umm idk 1-butene???

ok then u add some Br2 and u get ur (R,S)-1,2-dibromobutane???????

now add some naNH2 :)

OMG 1-butyne o ya add another nanh

o wait lets take some of dat 1-butene and add

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
my former ENTJ boss studied to be a pharmacist, but didn't finish cos he couldn't hack pill counting all day on his placement year

Qre:us

Any perspectives on a career in Pharmacy?

Depends on which area you want to go in.

Practicing/applied - Pharm.D.

Research:

- Pharmacology (sub-area of speciality, clinical pharmacology) - M.Sc./Ph.D.
[background in biochemistry is a good thing here and V:]

- Population research - pharmacoepidemiology (M.Sc./Ph.D.)

[then, there's always the drug dealers.....the sales people...this would be more business-background oriented]:D