User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

When you get laid off, immediately apply to get unemployment and search for another job.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Things like not giving out contact information or CC'ing other integral employees on emails to contractors and vendors so that they're in complete control of a process. Man, I learning so much!
    This sort of stuff is really bad form and drives me nuts. I had a housemate who started going along these lines for control. Not sure what type. You can't be selective when it comes to integrity. It probably correlates better with dishonesty and narcissism than MBTi or management.

On the topic: I haven't been anywhere that has had big lay-offs yet, so not sure how I'd deal with them. Personally it wouldn't worry me a lot because I'd find a new job, but I'd be feeling for the others who went and it mattered to.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    It is true that a job interview creates a scenario where people purposefully attempt to present fantasy as reality. They do this by claiming to have different personality qualities than they do in reality. In some sense, we could consider this an exercise in theatrics. Theater was your minor in college, was it not? On that account, why is it the case that you do not enjoy interviews because they give you an opportunity to function as an actor?
    I don't like to mix fantasy and reality. When on stage everyone knows I'm an actor. When I'm in an interview I think the interviewer knows on some level that all the candidates are full of crap, but on some level they want to believe that they're not. It's sort of like politics in that sense.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP

I love the theatre of a job interview. It is like a blind date.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

I think you can get away with being honest in an interview. The more I look at all this stuff, the more it seems that an honest transaction is best for both parties. I don't want them to hire me under false pretences because the job will be crap for me, and they want to know if they have the right person for the job.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I think you can get away with being honest in an interview. The more I look at all this stuff, the more it seems that an honest transaction is best for both parties. I don't want them to hire me under false pretences because the job will be crap for me, and they want to know if they have the right person for the job.
    I agree with you, but sometimes being honest in a job interview, i.e. "I love Excel!!" depends on how close your bank account is to $0.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENTP

I agree with you, but sometimes being honest in a job interview, i.e. "I love Excel!!" depends on how close your bank account is to $0.
    Just play it safe. "I love your money!"
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Yep, when in need the marketing steps in . Though I seem to be able to keep it within truth. Obviously things like "your business is a sham and I'm just working for you because I need money" wouldn't need to come up in any interview. So selective truth.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I love the theatre of a job interview. It is like a blind date.
    Ooooh! Agreed!
    I get a hard on whenever I have a job interview.
    I love the questions...

"What is your best trait?"
    I have a die hard positive attitude and am very persistent. I have always been able to produce exceptional work with the time and resources available.

"What is your worst trait?"
    Historically my worst trait was being a perfectionist, but I have learned to mitigate that via finishing a deliverable with a quick but thorough forward pass and then re-visiting it with the remaining time before submitting it for review.

"Is there anything else you wish to tell us before we conclude this interview?"Yes. I think the project you are getting ready to embark on will benefit from my related prior experiences while affording me a chance to learn a few new things. I've always managed to apply the bulk of my career experience to my current endeavors. Tell me what you need done and when you need it, and I will give you something that you can work with, guaranteed. Thank you for your time; it was a pleasure meeting you. Feel free to call me if you wish to talk further or review additional samples of my work. It would great to work with you and to help your organziation make this project a success. Have a great day!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

You don't need to lie during an interview when you're already a potentially awesome employee
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp