• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Intellectual Snobbery: I think I'm getting over it.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I must confess something. I am a (recovering) intellectual snob. I judged people according to their IQ and I was wrong. I hope by getting over it and learning to be cool, I piss off fewer people.

Does anyone else have anything they would like to confess?

B

brainheart

I confess I shared this problem of yours for awhile as well. Then I went the other way. Then I went back. Now I no longer give a shit.

I also confess that I have eaten all of the plums in the ice box. Forgive me, they were so sweet, so delicious. so cold.

S

Sniffles

It's best to keep in mind that we're all humans, and intellect doesn't make you a superior superman. It might make you an exemplary man, but not one who necessarily lords over all by virtue of mental power.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
It's best to keep in mind that we're all humans, and intellect doesn't make you a superior superman. It might make you an exemplary man, but not one who necessarily lords over all by virtue of mental power.

Precisely.

Raw intellect isn't suggestive of anything but genetics.

B

brainheart

You think it's genetics? I think it's how much soda you drank as a baby and how much meth your mom snorted when you were in the womb...

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Yea but my mom got the good meth without impurities when she was pregnant with me.

I cost her a little bit more, but damnit I was worth it.

sunshinebrighter

MBTI Type
IXFP
I confess I dumb myself down for people. I'm really afraid of people rejecting me if I have a different opinion about things or have a smarter answer to a problem. Some people are really sensitive and not everyone can handle that there is someone smarter then them in the world. They need a kick in the butt. I'm too lazy and scared to be that person.

B

brainheart

Well, that's why you were smart, that's what I mean. Why, did you assume the opposite? I was saying meth + soda vs breastmilk and proper nutrition= baby genius.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I have the opposite problem, I have a tendency trumpet my intellect pretty much constantly.

These days I just try to shut up as much as possible.

Luckily I'm getting over the male gene "wants to turn everything into a pissing contest".

B

brainheart

I have the opposite problem, I have a tendency trumpet my intellect pretty much constantly.

These days I just try to shut up as much as possible.

Luckily I'm getting over the male gene "wants to turn everything into a pissing contest".

You know, I was thinking about this at my last MENSA meeting when we were discussing thermodynamics, after I had schooled everyone with my 180 IQ. You know, about how humble I am and how I never toot my own horn.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I love this avatar.

EDIT: totally reneged on my vote me an avatar thread. But other people got some cool ones out of it so I think it evens out.

B

brainheart

Ah, playing the Einstein card, are ya?

It kind of sucked because when I didn't flunk out of fifth grade my parents realized I would never amount to shit...