• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Intellectual Snobbery: I think I'm getting over it.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I've always been bored in school.

Always done just enough to get by. (A's and B's till law school)

I'm still just coasting on along. I work hard, but nothing compared to what I see my classmates doing.

I mostly read news articles in class these days. Or raise my hand.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know what? People try too hard. Seriously. Just think like a teacher, I tell you, just think like a teacher. Wasn't hard for me. Guess that's why I'm a teacher now. Use your gut, and you know what is going to be on there. It's just logical people....

The funniest thing was always when people used to ask, "WHAT IS GOING TO BE ON THE TEST???" LOL. Amusing.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does anyone else have anything they would like to confess?

Exactly this. If I'd meet my former self right now, I'd propably knock some sense into him - but there was nobody to lecture me then, and I propably wouldn't have listened either.

Immature NTs are hell. Well, not only NTs.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Einstein flunked out of 5th grade.

Einstein never recieved a failing grade (he escaped school once to follow his parents though), it's a common misinterpretation of his school report because of a change in the sequence of grades in the german school system (A -> F, then F -> A).

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Exactly this. If I'd meet my former self right now, I'd propably knock some sense into him - but there was nobody to lecture me then, and I propably wouldn't have listened either.

Immature NTs are hell. Well, not only NTs.

I hear you. But you probably would not have listened to yourself either.

Yeah...I also think so. Revising obsessively x1000 the same thing

LOL Yeah. I basically skimmed everything. The negative aspect: It's all dissolved into my unconscious mind....I cannot remember anything....

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
Einstein never recieved a failing grade (he escaped school once to follow his parents though), it's a common misinterpretation of his school report because of a change in the sequence of grades in the german school system (A -> F, then F -> A).

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Ahh you are correct. He didn't flunk out 5th grade. However:

When he started school, he did very well-he was a creative and persistent problem-solver-but he hated the rote, disciplined style of the teachers at his Munich school, and he dropped out when he was 15. Then, when he took the entrance examination for a polytechnic school in Zurich, he flunked. (He passed the math part, but failed the botany, zoology and language sections.) Einstein kept studying and was admitted to the polytechnic institute the following year, but even then he continued to struggle: His professors thought that he was smart but much too pleased with himself, and some doubted that he would graduate. He did, but not by much-which is how the young physicist found himself working in the Swiss Patent Office instead of at a school or university.

You totally kicked my ass NTJ style.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Well, he tried to enter ETH Zurich, not just A polytechnic, but probably the best polytechnic in Europe - at 15(!)...it would have been O_O if he didn't flunk

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I value skills over intelligence.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would definitely win in a pissing contest though... :rolli:
Just sayin'.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
I must confess something. I am a (recovering) intellectual snob. I judged people according to their IQ and I was wrong. I hope by getting over it and learning to be cool, I piss off fewer people.

Does anyone else have anything they would like to confess?

Me too, i only recently learned to let people think what they want without shoving my foot up their ass. And suddenly people are attracted to me as in I am fun to be around. It is wrong to be judgmental about peoples IQ and such, but hey I can still think what I want about them internally haha

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
NOT a male gene.

An ENTJ gene.

No its a male thing. I do the same thing I am insanely competitive and I must be the best in all that I do. And if someone bests me, I go home and work on it until I am better then I come back and DESTROY THEM!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
No its a male thing. I do the same thing I am insanely competitive and I must be the best in all that I do. And if someone bests me, I go home and work on it until I am better then I come back and DESTROY THEM!

I had to quit playing tennis when I was little because I got too competitive and it stopped being fun for me.

How competitive and intense I can be fucks up potential human interaction more often than I would like.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
I had to quit playing tennis when I was little because I got too competitive and it stopped being fun for me.

How competitive and intense I can be fucks up potential human interaction more often than I would like.

Oh totally, I have had arguments and lost friends because I wasn't able to just have fun with it and I needed to win and made it all about winning. I have toned down quite a bit in terms of how I come across when I am competing with other people, but I still feel the same way internally. I just tend to be more careful about it, like strategically it makes more sense for me to not win every single time I do something so as not to hurt peoples feelings that I compete against, this in turn makes them want to compete more and I can pick and choose when I turn it on, this means sometimes I am just having fun and others I am really trying to improve myself. But if I don't go 100% all the time then I have more practice anyway because people aren't afraid to compete with me. Does that make sense? lol

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
Oh totally, I have had arguments and lost friends because I wasn't able to just have fun with it and I needed to win and made it all about winning. I have toned down quite a bit in terms of how I come across when I am competing with other people, but I still feel the same way internally. I just tend to be more careful about it, like strategically it makes more sense for me to not win every single time I do something so as not to hurt peoples feelings that I compete against, this in turn makes them want to compete more and I can pick and choose when I turn it on, this means sometimes I am just having fun and others I am really trying to improve myself. But if I don't go 100% all the time then I have more practice anyway because people aren't afraid to compete with me. Does that make sense? lol

You're still wrong about healthcare.