User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Don't forget the prospect of dating/marrying a rich, stupid man!!!

Doing so will COMPLETELY ELIMINATE the need for any job whatsoever, and you will be free to frolic in artisticness to your heart's desires...

If I refer you to one you have to get him to buy me a nice motorcycle, or new SCUBA equipment. Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    keep a job you love even though it's commission based which means sometimes the pay is really really sad...or take another job that would be fine that would pay well but brings you zero personal/ creative satisfaction.

i have turned down other offers but...i'm starting to feel really stupid about it....but...but...i love my job.
    As an ENFP, don't take a job that drains you with the hope of feeling good outside it. In my experience it drains you and you recover between working. Sends you a bit nuts also. I'm not sure about you, but my concentration levels and ability correlate well with my interest in things. If you have the job you love, keep it and move up or find a way to move to better salary in a similar area.

If the job won't drive you nuts but you don't get much out of it maybe consider it, but don't sell out your interests for it. Look at what gets you enough to live well, but also moves you toward where you want to be in the future.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Don't forget the prospect of dating/marrying a rich, stupid man!!!

Doing so will COMPLETELY ELIMINATE the need for any job whatsoever, and you will be free to frolic in artisticness to your heart's desires...

If I refer you to one you have to get him to buy me a nice motorcycle, or new SCUBA equipment. Deal?
    alex! this was your advice to amarigith too wasn't it!? i think i'm offended.
    no really...i tried the not working bit before it's not very satisfying thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    As an ENFP, don't take a job that drains you with the hope of feeling good outside it. In my experience it drains you and you recover between working. Sends you a bit nuts also. I'm not sure about you, but my concentration levels and ability correlate well with my interest in things. If you have the job you love, keep it and move up or find a way to move to better salary in a similar area.
    right...i need to just find a way to still do the same work but get paid more...thanks, i almost just went to find something else today
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

keep a job you love even though it's commission based which means sometimes the pay is really really sad...or take another job that would be fine that would pay well but brings you zero personal/ creative satisfaction.

i have turned down other offers but...i'm starting to feel really stupid about it....but...but...i love my job.
    Commission based. I absolutely love working off of commission. Just thinking about it gets me excited. The sky is the limit, and the rewards are immediate. If you're starving and in desperate need of money, def take another job, but you've gotta love your job. I do, at least. But if it's just a matter of immediately moving up a pay scale, meh, I wouldn't be inspired to quit something I love just to get more money. Work needs to=play for me, or I will hate my entire day.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

no really...i tried the not working bit before it's not very satisfying thanks though.

right...i need to just find a way to still do the same work but get paid more...thanks, i almost just went to find something else today
    I agree with the other ENFPs. Do a job you love. You're lucky to have found one..I'm still looking *sigh*
    It's so fucking tiring to do a job that you just don't see the point of. And the financial security just isn't worth it, for me at least. Of course, I kinda have my own safety net, so it's easy to talk that way.

And yes, Alex did suggest the 'marry-well' plan too to me
    And, I agree with you, it's not very satisfying as you wanna be able to take care of yourself. Though, I'm sorta semi in that situation (I contribute but not as much as I'd like), and it's not all bad. Helps to have an SO who does so coz he loves you and not coz he wants to hold it against you. And, it gives you a ton of free time to study and get the education you need to get a job that can provide for both satisfaction and financial needs
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Darling, that's my advice to EVERY single woman asking for options as to how to plan her future.

Everyone wants to find the person of their dreams, and by Jehoosafat there is nothing wrong if they happen to be LOADED.

So don't be offended, please. At least I'm consistent.

Who said you couldn't work? You'd just have the option NOT to work if you ever wanted to CHILL and regroup your energy to fine tune your life.

See! It's just a matter of perspective.