First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    You'd do well to figure out how to get along with, or at least endure, teachers that you don't click with. Likewise, at some point he'll have to learn to deal with cocky students who think they are Leonardo da Vinci. A difficult task for every new professor.
    Yes. My whole class are all pretty much cocky students that think they are Leonardo Da Vinci.

I said before I have had many teachers I haven't 'clicked' with. I wish you all wouldn't judge so quickly if you've never seen him. It irritates me.
    I guess that it is in your natures to oppose anything anyone says.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I had an ESFJ teacher like that. She sounds so much like this teacher, and she was completely illogical. People get rather confused when I said how much I disliked her. I fantasized in class about getting her fired/verbally abusing her/blowing her office up, etc etc etc

I complained, and enough of the other students complained, and she was fired

If I were you, I would take immediate action. Or see if he shapes up.

It is possible that he could.
    This post is lovely. Thank you for it. It actually lifts my spirits in hope that I can actually fire him.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

What classes and what is he wrong about?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    This post is lovely. Thank you for it. It actually lifts my spirits in hope that I can actually fire him.
    I am glad to help. I have despised just about every ESxJ teacher I have come across. This ESFJ pushed me to the edge.

Good luck in your conquest

Blowing up cars and knifing should be a last resort, no matter how fun

Btw, what classes?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    NICE

I think I found Professor Asswipe on a rival forum, enquiring about the best way to "frame" one (or more) of his "asswipe" students.

Maybe you could invite him here on Typo-central for a little chat with your new chums?

MBTI
    INTP

Assuming the reality is that this guy is in fact a twerp, and you are joking about the immature stuff like spreading rumors about him being gay and such, then it looks like you are already taking the correct steps by networking the people who have a grievance, while collectively exploring ways to overcome it. Don't end the effort if you don't succeed the first semester, otherwise he'll continue the cycle of terror. Godspeed hulkamania brother.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    What classes and what is he wrong about?
    He teaches me:

- Landscape Design
    - Interior Design
    - Architectural Design (5th one)

The three most important subjects of my semester. If I mess up in the first two, I've got little chance to become an interior designer or landscape architect. Now the thing is there are two classes for these subjects. Each have a different teacher. University rules state I'm not allowed to attend any other than my own.

What he is wrong about is dealing with the students in a most arrogant fashion. He will never accept ideas from them. The marks he gives aren't fair at all. A girl cried a few days back because of the mark he gave her. The thing is is that she is brilliant. The top student of the class. The teacher's reply was "she didn't do exactly as I asked" which is of course a load of bull as these subjects are all based on creativity. Also the teacher, when we talk to him likes saying the statement "It's not my problem" when he has the power to change things. There are so many more things I could put down that he does that crosses certain lines of being an at least passable professor.

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I am glad to help. I have despised just about every ESxJ teacher I have come across. This ESFJ pushed me to the edge.

Good luck in your conquest

Blowing up cars and knifing should be a last resort, no matter how fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Assuming the reality is that this guy is in fact a twerp, and you are joking about the immature stuff like spreading rumors about him being gay and such, then it looks like you are already taking the correct steps by networking the people who have a grievance, while collectively exploring ways to overcome it. Don't end the effort if you don't succeed the first semester, otherwise he'll continue the cycle of terror. Godspeed hulkamania brother.
    Thanks for the encouragement. I will keep trying so I can end that cycle.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    I think I found Professor Asswipe on a rival forum, enquiring about the best way to "frame" one (or more) of his "asswipe" students.

Maybe you could invite him here on Typo-central for a little chat with your new chums?
    Luckily for me I'm not one of his more hated students.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I love how people are reading the OP and not anything else, the questions being asked have otherwise been covered in his posts or have been asked before.

Anyways, here are some things that I thought of on this subject while making my coffee today...

1. Ask why you made the grades that you made. You mentioned that he asks for one thing and grades based on another. Record what he asked of you in some way, if he wrote it down then take a picture of the thing written down, if he said it via word then record it with a tape recorder. Then, if he grades you based on anything else, record that in the same fashion. As a student, you have every right to understand, keyword understand, why you made the grade that you did. Present your recollection (memorize what he assigned verbatim, DO NOT TELL HIM YOU HAVE TANGIBLE EVIDENCE) of what the assignment was. If he says otherwise, have the tape recorder on to get this evidence. I did a price conversion (taking from the price of a tape recorder in America) and a tape recorder over there would cost ~15 European Dollars. If you don't want to pay for it, get some students to put in one Euro or a fraction of one to go towards your paying for it, since this would be to benefit the class. I'm assuming that you or a friend has a camera that you can use. If not, get one from a classmate, they will definitely understand your motive.

After doing this if he doesn't comply (I'm assuming you already have, but I was just throwing that out there), go to the dean and present your evidence. I would only do it after you had a good amount of evidence, one assignment wouldn't be enough.

2. Complain to your OTHER teachers. You mentioned getting close to your teachers to get better grades etc, so in a discussion talk about this teacher. If you haven't already talked about your other classes, just mention something that would make them curious about what other classes you have. "Oh this is just like what happened in another class of mine! How interesting." etc. Then they will ask you about what classes that you have, and from there you can explain what classes you have and that will lead to your tangent (that you have planned in your head) about this teacher. Do this with every professor, and get EVERY student of his to do it to their other professors. Another good thing would be to team up with one or more of your classmates against this professor when you are going on this tangent. A crowd has a more profound effect on a person.

A terrible teacher like this doesn't deserve the job. If I were a professor I'd honestly feel pressure, because these student's futures are in my hands. He is just being destructive, and is a bad person for doing that (in my opinion). I don't care if a professor has a stressful life outside of school, what he's doing is pretty much unacceptable. He could at least explain that he has a hard life outside of this if he actually does. He could make changes and provide extra credit, he could actually grade things how he said he would. But no evidence of that has been presented, and it just seems like people are just trying to make you stop via guilt tripping lol. He is fucking up your future and hundreds of other people your age's futures, and you don't need to back down.

If NONE of this does anything, avoid him at all costs and tell everybody to never get a class with him. If your college has a web forum, post that anonymously if you can and give a warning. Give all of this evidence, and tell people to never take his classes because it will bring their GPA down.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)