First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Have you considered that you might actually be wrong? Explaining something means that you back it up with evidence that is right in front of you. If you think that he is wrong and present him with that evidence how can he possibly say that it is wrong? You're doing the confronting wrong.
    Yes, I'm wrong. That's why all my peers complain about the same thing as well. They are all wrong too.

MBTI
    NICE

Idea for a movie...

College kid doesn't like one of his tutors and indulges in fantasy revenge over the interwebs, enquiring the "best way" to get at the fellow and even suggesting he "frame" him.

Tutor has an accident (say driving to see his mum in Wescoeckie). Routine enquiries by the police reveal the man had several enemies.

College kid gets woken at 4am by Detective Tom Hucklebuck... Hucklebuck takes one glance at College Kid and thinks - That's the muthafucka!

Subsequent investigations on College Kid's computer reveal Professor Asswipe was indeed loathed. Loathed with a burning passion.

College Kid can't prove his innocence, but that point is lost on the jury. The circumstantial evidence is overwhelming, but Tom decides to "guild the lilly" by "framing" College Kid.

Welcome to Stir, son, says Uncle Bubs, College Kid's new cellmate. You shua gotta a pretty smile.

Fin.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

You'd do well to figure out how to get along with, or at least endure, teachers that you don't click with. Likewise, at some point he'll have to learn to deal with cocky students who think they are Leonardo da Vinci. A difficult task for every new professor.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    And just because "everyone wants him fired" doesn't mean he should be fired.
    Err... yes, it does. Your thinking style is very interesting, I would've guessed you're an ESJ before knowing your real type. Carry on.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Have you considered that you might actually be wrong?
    Of course not!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Welcome to Stir, son, says Uncle Bubs, College Kid's new cellmate. You shua gotta a pretty smile.

Fin.
    loved this

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Err... yes, it does. Your thinking style is very interesting, I would've guessed you're an ESJ before knowing your real type. Carry on.
    When "everybody" consists of "a bunch of students who are unhappy he's not giving them the grades they think they deserve," no it really doesn't.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I'm sorry, you can't horrify me into changing my opinion by calling me an ESJ.

Just because "everyone is doing it" doesn't mean it should be done. Especially when it's a student/teacher thing. The dean doesn't think he should be fired.

Incidentally, I'm curious what classes we are talking about that he is "wrong" in.

I'm sorry, you can't horrify me into changing my opinion by calling me an ESJ.
    Preconception powa?

The dean doesn't think he should be fired.
    If a hundred students say he should, and the dean says he shouldn't, I'm not going to assume that there's a higher propability for the latter to "have right" just because he has a diploma and he's called the "dean".

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I'm currently in my 3rd year at university. Now, this semester has been particularly hell for me. I'm experiencing the worst professor in my life teaching me 3/6 subjects. I'm laughing hysterically at my thoughts to get him fired and I'm going to take action. The question is, how? Talking to the dean is like talking to a brick wall. The only answer we (yes, other people complained to) get is "I'll talk to him". Of course nothing happened. He'll ruin these subjects for me if I don't do anything soon. Of course fantasizing about blowing up his car won't do any good. So we need to take some action.
    We:

- talked to him (arrogant prick thinks he's always right and we're wrong)
    - talked to the dean
    - made a petition of names from the whole class
    - talked to the assistants

Nothing...
    I'm not the type to resort to framing but if I just might if this goes on. I need a way to fire him. I thought I might send an email from an unknown email address in an internet cafe pretending I'm an official talking about how he has been part of a mental institute or something similar. Think it will work?

He is very much an ESTJ.
    I had an ESFJ teacher like that. She sounds so much like this teacher, and she was completely illogical. People get rather confused when I said how much I disliked her. I fantasized in class about getting her fired/verbally abusing her/blowing her office up, etc etc etc

I complained, and enough of the other students complained, and she was fired

If I were you, I would take immediate action. Or see if he shapes up.

It is possible that he could.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex