First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    There is very little that will be done in the middle of the semester unless there's an extraordinary complaint about him - he never shows up etc...
    Stop being practical. I'm going to take action and get him fired. I need more ideas. I'm thinking I'll do what I said at the end of the OP.

MBTI
    INTJ

Avoid creativity like the plague. Know the rules. He's making you stronger, more capable and competent and he knows it.

Tell people he's gay.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Avoid creativity like the plague. Know the rules. He's making you stronger, more capable and competent and he knows it.
    You can consider it training to interact with employers who wield power over your paycheck, not just a grade.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I'm currently in my 3rd year at university. Now, this semester has been particularly hell for me. I'm experiencing the worst professor in my life teaching me 3/6 subjects. I'm laughing hysterically at my thoughts to get him fired and I'm going to take action. The question is, how? Talking to the dean is like talking to a brick wall. The only answer we (yes, other people complained to) get is "I'll talk to him". Of course nothing happened. He'll ruin these subjects for me if I don't do anything soon. Of course fantasizing about blowing up his car won't do any good. So we need to take some action.
    We:

- talked to him (arrogant prick thinks he's always right and we're wrong)
    - talked to the dean
    - made a petition of names from the whole class
    - talked to the assistants

Nothing...
    I'm not the type to resort to framing but if I just might if this goes on. I need a way to fire him. I thought I might send an email from an unknown email address in an internet cafe pretending I'm an official talking about how he has been part of a mental institute or something similar. Think it will work?

He is very much an ESTJ.
    This sounds oddly familiar. I have been in the same predicament.
    I feel so sorry for you. Your options are few.

His options, on the other hand, are many.
    Opposition creates opposition. The other professors will back him in the end.

Get out. Print papers of the exams you have passed. Have them verified.
    Find another school. Time and money is wasted, I know.

Then forget him. He is not worthy of your prolonged attention.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

You're in college, suck it up.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    You're in college, suck it up.
    +1

What on earth will you do when you get out of the university? You can't just plot against every person whose methods you don't happen to agree with. Such a waste of time.

MBTI
    ENTP

to the OP

sorry not to be more empathetic but sulk it up, life is full of people who are in possitions above you who sulk, are incompotent, inefficient and can't see the bigger picture.

You are at Uni to get an education... accept this guy isn't a great teacher and do what you went to uni for - educate yourself. You have books and a reading list and libary access.... you are in your 3rd year so you know how to study to a greater or lesser extent.

Learn the subjects and pass your exams... period, accept this prof isn't very good and work around him.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Tell people he's gay.
    Already done.

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    You can consider it training to interact with employers who wield power over your paycheck, not just a grade.
    No. He is not normal. I've never seen anyone like him before and it will be unlikely someone like him would be my boss.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    This sounds oddly familiar. I have been in the same predicament.
    I feel so sorry for you. Your options are few.

His options, on the other hand, are many.
    Opposition creates opposition. The other professors will back him in the end.

Get out. Print papers of the exams you have passed. Have them verified.
    Find another school. Time and money is wasted, I know.

Then forget him. He is not worthy of your prolonged attention.
    As I said in a comment before there are much too many considerations to change schools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    What on earth will you do when you get out of the university? You can't just plot against every person whose methods you don't happen to agree with. Such a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    to the OP

sorry not to be more empathetic but sulk it up, life is full of people who are in possitions above you who sulk, are incompotent, inefficient and can't see the bigger picture.

You are at Uni to get an education... accept this guy isn't a great teacher and do what you went to uni for - educate yourself. You have books and a reading list and libary access.... you are in your 3rd year so you know how to study to a greater or lesser extent.

Learn the subjects and pass your exams... period, accept this prof isn't very good and work around him.
    As a matter of fact I've crossed many people who's methods I don't agree with. I can cope with them usually. This guy has crossed the line much to far. People are not like him. He is an extreme in stereotypes. I'm not going to tolerate him any longer.
    Unfortunately it's not that easy considering he does not teach the subjects to study for. They are practical subjects and the final result includes, class assignments, home assignments, midterm exams and the finals. Which means if I don't hand in anything and do the final exam beautifully I'd fail. He's in charge of 60% of my final result in 3 subjects.

I'm not trying to understand your beautiful opinions on the matter. I'm trying to get him fired. My justice is to get him fired. He deserves it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Take the energy you are spending on this campaign to ruin someone's life and put it toward your studies. I'm wondering why you think this is appropriate to do someone their first year of teaching. You sound like a bully - you are bored so you are picking on someone.

How To Change And Stop Being A Bully (Family & Education: Bullying)

I wonder what would happen if he put his energy toward getting you kicked out of uni.

Phantonym

If he's a first year professor then this sounds like he's trying to develop his professional identity and taking it a bit too seriously. Overachieveing in trying to establish himself as an authoritative figure, being stricter than professors who have already gotten the hang of it and are more comfortable in their identity.

Of course you're going to hit the brick wall with trying to talk to him and the dean because as you see him as someone who is unreasonable, they see you as unreasonable as well. You said that you have talked to him. How? Accusations or reasoning? Try talking to him again and smooth things out because they're not going to get any better by being childish and throwing mud around.