User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    they would all say they haven't brought in work today not allowing him to mark anyones work. It would be a mental hit to our professor which is good as he can't punish us all at once. He will realise he is doing wrong.
    I wouldn't think so, especially not in his case.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Why couldn't he just give everyone a zero for not turning in an assignment? Even a "normal" teacher would do that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Blackcat: We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I wouldn't think so, especially not in his case.
    Perhaps you're right. Just depending on hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Why couldn't he just give everyone a zero for not turning in an assignment? Even a "normal" teacher would do that.
    There are about 50 students in the class and about 45 participated in what we did. The university wouldn't allow the 0s that a whole class got affect our final mark. They would actually realise that we were serious. Plus it would make the university look bad. The last thing they want are complaints from a number of outside sources.

MBTI
    INTP

I too am not sure if that's going to work in everyone's favor. I'd think it would give him evidence that students aren't taking him seriously, which may be taken by the dean in or against your interests. I'd suggest following this up by having the students go to the department chair and explain the situation. Good luck.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Can I ask a really stupid question? Maybe I missed something, but why don't you just talk with the bastid and explain how you think?

More about this topic shall be ranted about in my blog, where I won't subject you all to it.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Can I ask a really stupid question? Maybe I missed something, but why don't you just talk with the bastid and explain how you think?

More about this topic shall be ranted about in my blog, where I won't subject you all to it.
    Sadly, you missed the entire thread.

MBTI
    ENTP

I think it's a pretty decent plan.

It jeopardizes the institution's name and credibility, which is all they have.

It's a risk. And many people will rationalize (as some have already done in the posts above) it avoid risk at all costs. It just looks like simple rationalization, but really it's just fear.
    You can call me Charles.

MBTI
    ENTP

I think it's a pretty decent plan.

It jeopardizes the institution's name and credibility, which is all they have.

It's a risk. And many people will rationalize against risk at all costs. It just looks like simple rationalization, but it's really fear.

The real question is, is it worth it?

If the answer is yes, which I think it's obvious from you have 45 other intelligent class mates, go for it all the way.
    You can call me Charles.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

One class skipping one assignment jeopardizes the institutions name and credibility?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kangol View Post
    Sadly, you missed the entire thread.
    Sure, I probably did miss something, but from what I gathered, the whole object was, "We've talked to him and everyone else, but nothing..." What was concretely stated, and how was this presented? To me (unless I missed a page or a post, which is probably the case, have to read it again perhaps) it was just we tried and tried, but nothing....Yes, but how exactly did you go about it? I'm not putting any blame on anyone, now. Just saying HOW you say something to certain people can really change the spin on things.

Sorry, but I really cannot imagine a REAL teacher (much less of a professor) saying to a serious student who says, "Excuse me, but I would really like to talk to you about some things that have been troubling the whole class." would be like, "Who gives a fuck; you're all retards anyway?!?!?!?!?!?" He might be a little bit defensive at first and try to illustrate why he has utilized certain methods, but can anyone really be that callous and dense??? At that level of teaching??? Good god, I'm nowhere near professor-level teaching, and if one of my students - good, bad, or indifferent - came to me and seriously expressed concern, much less disdain, about my class, I would stop everything and listen to that individual. Any REAL teacher would do the same. I guess I'm just in shock that this kind of behavior exists....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.