Read the rep comment I just sent you.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    In this case, however, the OP was so obviously deluded about the accuracy of his own understanding of the situation and emotionally worked up that it seemed a waste of time for many to indulge his actual query and more worthwhile to instead respond to (the unintentional revelation of) the real need for help (unwilling as the OP might be to receive it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    You titled your thread saying you wanted to get your prof fired. This guy just worked for 25 years for that title and a place in academia, which often has 300+ people applying for one job. And you want us to err on the side of trusting your opinion and helping you to take down some prof we don't know in a situation we have no details about?
    Why is it so hard for people to not read into things? Just answer threads as they are presented, and give the information that the OP is requesting. Ragingkatsuki didn't need personal help (with his character). You obviously just didn't read about what the professor was doing if you can't see that it's clearly the professor's fault. I just don't understand why it's this complicated.

Whatever.

Yes Raging, keep us posted as to the situation. You've gotten me very curious about the outcome of it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Why is it so hard for people to not read into things? Just answer threads as they are presented, and give the information that the OP is requesting. Ragingkatsuki didn't need personal help (with his character). You obviously just didn't read about what the professor was doing if you can't see that it's clearly the professor's fault. I just don't understand why it's this complicated.
    Welcome to the internet. People sometimes exaggerate and tell half truths here.

Do you always take people's word for it when they complain about things? Or do you occasionally use some critical thinking to realize they might be presenting things in their own favor?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

(Sorry if someone already mentioned this...)

Go to the dean. Have proof in hand. bring another student for corroboration. If you have a legitimate complaint that you can verify, you will be heard. That's the best ( & only) way to get him to change. Spreading rumors about him might get you 'fired' instead.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Do you always take people's word for it when they complain about things? Or do you occasionally use some critical thinking to realize they might be presenting things in their own favor?
    That depends largely on context for me. I can usually tell if someone is leaving something out or not. Raging's situation rang very true for me, since I've had a teacher like that, and I know that they exist (and somehow are employed).

Why would he be lying? You can't just make this stuff up...
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    That depends largely on context for me. I can usually tell if someone is leaving something out or not. Raging's situation rang very true for me, since I've had a teacher like that, and I know that they exist (and somehow are employed).

Why would he be lying? You can't just make this stuff up...
    I didn't say he was lying. I don't think he is lying. We're still only getting one side of the story, and I'm inherently skeptical of one-sided stories.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

This is my post before.
    Anyway I think this thread has gone far enough. I'm going to try the reasonable suggestions written down here that I haven't tried yet. I may post my results after a number of days. My expectations aren't too high though.
    Please quit the arguments. I'm going to do my best to do the advice all you people gave me. I don't think this thread has any further purpose.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Apparently some people are still finding it interesting to discuss, though. You're free to stop checking it if you're done with it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I will then. But I'll be posting in a few days to give my results.