User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post

The people who started shooting at me thought "this guy is just an angry student on a rampage. He doesn't know anything because he is immature and ignorant"

The people who understood me thought "yea, this guy probably thought it through so I won't question him. I'll just give him the advice he may need"
    You titled your thread saying you wanted to get your prof fired. This guy just worked for 25 years for that title and a place in academia, which often has 300+ people applying for one job. And you want us to err on the side of trusting your opinion and helping you to take down some prof we don't know in a situation we have no details about?

EDIT: @Jag--these are the reasons why I thought it so consequential to clarify exactly what was going on here. Sure, he could be perfectly right. But any theoretical OP may very well take people's advice and unintentionally do a lot of damage. Words have consequences because people take action from those words.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    You titled your thread saying you wanted to get your prof fired. This guy just worked for 25 years for that title and a place in academia, which often has 300+ people applying for one job. And you want us to err on the side of trusting your opinion and helping you to take down some prof we don't know in a situation we have no details about?
    So my opinion is the opinion of a 14 year old high school brat who fantasizes about hanging his school principle...?
    I'm not fucking stupid. I 'know' what I'm doing. Do you think I would run to the forums for advice every time I feel insecure about something?
    I usually have very deep understandings of most of the situations I'm in and I absolutely hate asking for advice as I know I can handle things myself. This is the only one I've found myself in a jam so far. Sure, I may not be the best at communicating to other people when asking for help but one of the reasons I came 'here' was because I thought people understood what I say better. Apparently it's exactly like the people I've dealt with in real life.
    You are looking at the facts that you came up with about him. I'm telling you the guy has a mental problem whether or not he studied for over 25 years. And anyone with a mental problem shouldn't teach.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

So my opinion is the opinion of a 14 year old high school brat who fantasizes about hanging his school principle...?
    I'm not fucking stupid. I know what I'm doing. Do you think I would run to the forums for advice every time I feel insecure about something?
    I usually have very deep understandings of most of the situations I'm in and I absolutely hate asking for advice as I know I can handle things myself. This is the only one I've found myself in a jam so far. Sure, I may not be the best at communicating to other people when asking for help but one of the reasons I came 'here' was because I thought people understood what I say better here. Apparently it's exactly like the people I've dealt with in real life.
    You are looking at the facts that you came up with about him. I'm telling you the guy has a mental problem whether or not he studied for over 25 years. And anyone with a mental problem shouldn't teach.
    As I stated earlier, go to your Vice President Advocate equivalent, the person who is in a paid position to advocate on your behalf as a student, and explain the situation.

This does not devalue your opinion or read in isolation, but any actions you might take would have potentially serious consequences for your professor. It is poor ethics for others online to advise you how to take down someone from their academic position, which is what you titled your thread.

You don't get to make the laws about who does or doesn't teach. The university does. Use your university. And btw there are plenty of profs with mental problems who are teaching.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Btw, the original title of the thread was supposed to be part of my humour. Again... some people failed to understand.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    As I stated earlier, go to your Vice President Advocate equivalent, the person who is in a paid position to advocate on your behalf as a student, and explain the situation.

This does not devalue your opinion or read in isolation, but any actions you might take would have potentially serious consequences for your professor. It is poor ethics for others online to advise you how to take down someone from their academic position, which is what you titled your thread.
    I said I would do all the reasonable things said in the thread I haven't done yet. Why must you insist on arguing that point?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Btw, the original title of the thread was supposed to be part of my humour. Again... some people failed to understand.
    But you can see how this is difficult to get when you're saying he shouldn't be teaching (and apparently mean it) and you're saying you're trying to get him fired (and apparently don't mean it).

I never said you WERE the 14yo, I said your post came across with flags that made people question that. There's a huge difference.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I said I would do all the reasonable things said in the thread I haven't done yet. Why must you insist on arguing that point?
    Because as you can tell from the responses not everyone is seeing where you're serious and where you're not serious.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Usehername: ...My opinion is that he shouldn't be teaching. Can't really do much about it can I?

My power is to do the things people said in the thread. I will do them and hope that there is a change. If there isn't I'll keep trying.

If it really bothers you, I'll indicate when I add humour.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Waiting for me.. what? I'm confused.