• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would a College Application Reader Know What The Illuminati Are?

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
My essay talked about the suicide of my father and a sad childhood in an attempt to get the application staff to empathize with me and thus increase my chances of getting accepted due to them feeling sorry or something. :)

Did it work? When I wrote essays, death & illness were #2 on the list of overdone topics to avoid, right after sports.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As I'm writing my college entrance essays, I'm getting one particular one thoroughly critiqued, because it's also a school project. One person commented in particular that they had no idea what I meant when I mentioned the Illuminati.

But this kid isn't my intended audience, you see. My intended audience is the college application readers. Would a college application reader be up to date on conspiracy theories?

Let me guess?! INFJ! :coffee:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, they would know what you are talking about, but I highly suggest that you do not do this. Discussing the Illuminati is not a serious intellectual topic appropriate for a college application. Remember, you're trying to impress these people, not give them something to laugh about.

:yes:

However, if it is well written and thought provoking they may just judge by those criteria rather than topic.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Why is this thread still alive?!

As I said, I already submitted it. it's pointless to discuss now.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Oh, this thread is very much alive. The Illuminati are watching it very closely.

:thelook:

LEGERdeMAIN

so, the illuminati destroyed my clutch master cylinder friday as part of their master plan to keep me from getting a blowjob from a cute girl. I was thinking about cutting their brake lines, quid pro quo.

I've also diagnosed myself with bronchitis, "coincidences" keep piling up.