• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would a College Application Reader Know What The Illuminati Are?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
As I'm writing my college entrance essays, I'm getting one particular one thoroughly critiqued, because it's also a school project. One person commented in particular that they had no idea what I meant when I mentioned the Illuminati.

But this kid isn't my intended audience, you see. My intended audience is the college application readers. Would a college application reader be up to date on conspiracy theories?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
As I'm writing my college entrance essays, I'm getting one particular one thoroughly critiqued, because it's also a school project. One person commented in particular that they had no idea what I meant when I mentioned the Illuminati.

But this kid isn't my intended audience, you see. My intended audience is the college application readers. Would a college application reader be up to date on conspiracy theories?

Haha. Too funny.

Likely, as most universities require at least bachelor's degree to review student admission data. Reason being, the individual in charge is somewhat responsible for maintaining the established campus quorum by seeking certain credentials, while ruling out others.

As such, a reasonable level of academic experience should be anticipated for your random member of the admissions board.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Haha. Too funny.

Likely, as most universities require at least bachelor's degree to review student admission data. Reason being, the individual in charge is somewhat responsible for maintaining the established campus quorum by seeking certain credentials, while ruling out others.

As such, a reasonable level of academic experience should be anticipated for your random member of the admissions board.

em, didn't the Illuminati actually exist, it's not just fiction?

Yeah, but this essay specifically mentions the conspiracy theory kind. Pretty much it's in a list of conspiracies, from the top tier kind, (Illuminati and their NWO) to the bottom tier kind (it has no value except to get kids to shut up). According to you, Night, do you think they would get hung up on it if they don't know what the Illuminati is? There are two other examples alongside it, both pretty easy to understand.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm sure if they don't know what it is, they'd have enough sense to look it up. They probably encounter odd references they don't know about on a regular basis, and just do a quick Google search. At least, that's what I'd do. And most people have been exposed to conspiracy theories like these at some point or other, especially if they're more academically inclined.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do it. I would.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wonder how long it took INTJ123's college application readers to realise they were dealing with a nut.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a BSc and I don't know what the Illuminati is, except that it's mentioned by conspiracy theorists...doesn't seem very relevant to my life.

Then again, I have very little interest in history or conspiracy theories so that may be why I haven't bothered reading about them.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I wouldn't do this. Assuming they know about the Illuminati is a HUGE assumption.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

There is a good chance your application will be rejected because you "know too much".
:peepwall:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, but this essay specifically mentions the conspiracy theory kind. Pretty much it's in a list of conspiracies, from the top tier kind, (Illuminati and their NWO) to the bottom tier kind (it has no value except to get kids to shut up). According to you, Night, do you think they would get hung up on it if they don't know what the Illuminati is? There are two other examples alongside it, both pretty easy to understand.

Keep it in, it is not for you to guess what they know and don't know... you might add a foot note with a reference or explanation if it is particularly obsure.

Jaguar

maybe they wont take you for being a bigot... Uni's tend to favour open not close minded thinking

INTJ123's paranoid posts about "Jew world domination" landed in the graveyard of bigotry, never to be resurrected.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
They probably would have heard of it, but they might have it labelled under conspiracy nut. It's a gamble to use it.