User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Wonder how long it took INTJ123's college application readers to realise they were dealing with a nut.
    yea and attacking other people wont make you open minded either

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Would a college application reader be up to date on conspiracy theories?
    Just be sure not to mention the Time Cube
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    They probably would have heard of it, but they might have it labelled under conspiracy nut. It's a gamble to use it.
    The entire paper is satire, so I guess if they labeled it as "conspiracy nut" it would just be because I knew enough about it to use it, not because I believed it -- and if they realized that, they would have known enough about it to be labeled a conspiracy nut too...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

The entire paper is satire, so I guess if they labeled it as "conspiracy nut" it would just be because I knew enough about it to use it, not because I believed it -- and if they realized that, they would have known enough about it to be labeled a conspiracy nut too...
    Yeah, well I'm sure you know and I don't know the context. Admin people as well may not be all that clued in. Still this is all conjecture - buy I hear they hire and train monkeys. Could be a conspiracy though.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes, they would know what you are talking about, but I highly suggest that you do not do this. Discussing the Illuminati is not a serious intellectual topic appropriate for a college application. Remember, you're trying to impress these people, not give them something to laugh about.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If you're going for satire, definitely don't do it. Satire is better if it doesn't have to be spelled out.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

For a college entrance exam if I did put the Illuminate in it I would make them the good guys.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    If you're going for satire, definitely don't do it. Satire is better if it doesn't have to be spelled out.
    Why does mentioning the Illuminati mean that I'm spelling out my satire? How does that even follow?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Why does mentioning the Illuminati mean that I'm spelling out my satire? How does that even follow?
    If you're concerned that the readers won't know what you're talking about, you may have to make footnotes or other references, or overexplain within the text inside the satire, which would ruin the satire.

I really, really think you should avoid it. It's entirely up to you, but I don't recommend you do this.

What form would this satire be taking? Is there a specific reason why you must use the Illuminati?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    If you're concerned that the readers won't know what you're talking about, you may have to make footnotes or other references, or overexplain within the text inside the satire, which would ruin the satire.

I really, really think you should avoid it. It's entirely up to you, but I don't recommend you do this.

What form would this satire be taking? Is there a specific reason why you must use the Illuminati?
    It's a mock request for a research grant. It's relating a catchy dance to mind control, and going on to elaborate who might be using this mind control, and why this should be researched further.

I wasn't concerned that the readers would not know it until this one guy. In fact, only one out of ten people who have read this paper mentioned it, so apparently nine out of ten either knew who they were or didn't think it detracted from the paper if they didn't.