123 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Default Suggest a profession for me

Although I have an idea of what I'd like to do with my life, it's...challenging to say the least to accomplish it, and meanwhile I have to hold down a job...preferably one that I enjoy doing, so I can keep it up. And who knows..if I like it enough I might make the other thing a mere hobby.

Anycase, right now, I work as a secretary, and although I enjoy my job just fine, it's not suited for me. I mean...I suck at keeping track of what everyone is doing at any given point (which I'm supposed to for the consultants in the firm), I'm constantly required to use Fe with clients (short small talk welcome conversations), I constantly get interrupted by the consultants and the phone which my Te doesn't exactly enjoy. The worst is that I don't notice details and my desk is a mess, which makes it hard for the consultants to find the info they need. I do get my job done, and it's not like I'm horrible at my job, but basically...I'd need to be an ESFJ. And I'm so not.

So..I would love to hear what kind of jobs are out there that might be more suited to my personality. I've always found it hard to gauge what kinda jobs are out there and suited for me. Let's see what the first thing is that comes to mind
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Some kind of counsellor.

MBTI
    INTJ

I've met enough ENFPs to know that most you want to be around people all the time. You like people. You like to interact and stuff. Personally, it is difficult for me to comprehend why or how its possible that you like such interactions, but its just the way it is. Moreover, many ENFPs like to read books/poetry. I am pretty sure you like to write and express yourself a lot.

Based on all of these assumptions (and without knowledge of your previous job experiences or college degrees), I have 2 recommendations.
    (1) Try to get a job trying to help disabled children, or some sort of job to help children or people who've lost their way at some sort of community center.
    (2) Don't get a job, stay home, focus, and write a book, take it to a publisher, and try to make a living that way. Don't underestimate your work, just focus and do what feels natural.

If these recommendations make no sense, then just laugh and tell me that I'm completely off.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

You have an amazing voice. If I were a very rich man I would pay you lots of money to read me bedtime stories, even if it was on Ventrilo. I say this not in jest, it's true. So, I think you should think of looking into being a radio announcer, or host of a TV show. Maybe a journalist, someone who interviews folks. You have great people skills and are a Viking princess.

Another dimension to consider is what do you want to do in your career? Do you want to make money, or help people?

Do you want stable hours and great benefits (think state job or federal job) with high employment security?

Do you like high risk, irregular schedule, lots of room for advancement, but just as much for loss, all at the whim of others, and not necessarily based on merit or just cause? Then work at a small company.

Do you wish to pursue any academic interests? Are you entrepeneurial? Do you want to work in a building or outside?

I recommend you find a rich man, marry him, and help him spend his money. Seriously. There is nothing wrong with you finding a nice, rich man, who is a good looking fellow and who treats you right. Go for it. It's alot easier than working for a living.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    You have an amazing voice. If I were a very rich man I would pay you lots of money to read me bedtime stories, even if it was on Ventrilo. I say this not in jest, it's true. So, I think you should think of looking into being a radio announcer, or host of a TV show. Maybe a journalist, someone who interviews folks. You have great people skills and are a Viking princess.
    I agree she has a nice voice, but she seems rather shy at times to speak in front of large number of people. She tends to prefer more one on one conversations, so I can see counsellor as a possibility. Especially with her interests in psychology.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I agree she has a nice voice, but she seems rather shy at times to speak in front of large number of people. She tends to prefer more one on one conversations, so I can see counsellor as a possibility. Especially with her interests in psychology.
    What about journalist? That's not large groups, right?

Hosting a radio show can be done with small number of people too, right?

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    What about journalist? That's not large groups, right?
    Depends. It often may involve interacting with large numbers of people. Now how she feels about that, I can't say obviously.

Hosting a radio show can be done with small number of people too, right?
    You're broadcasting to a larger number of people. But again, how she feels about it is her affair.

MBTI
    YaYa

Bee Keeper

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

You can be the Gatekeeper.

(I'm the Key Master.)
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Depends. It often may involve interacting with large numbers of people. Now how she feels about that, I can't say obviously.

You're broadcasting to a larger number of people. But again, how she feels about it is her affair.
    Understood, no one but her can determine what is worth consideration or not.
    I was speaking to the general gist of the jobs, not her desire to pursue them.

Working with large groups is paralyzing for some and exhilarating for others. I love working with crowds. My wife (INFJ) gets very anxious when there are too many people in a room. There is alot of variabilty in what different folks are comfortable with, most certainly.