User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 109

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    That's how my massage went when a massage therapist was paid to do it. I really don't know the legality on it but I'm sure the people in this thread don't either and are making an awful lot of comments about how terrible he is.
    Exactly!!! (at the bolded) This guy could do the same. He could go to a massage parlor and tell the licensed masseuse exactly as he wants it. He really really doesnt want to. If he goes to any reputable place, they will be able to do it exactly how he wants. He is using an excuse that he needs someone with no experience so he can train them how to do it as he likes. That doesn't seem the least bit creepy to you?

    Also, she didn't chose that profession. She is not in a massage parlor. She is going to a private location of his choosing with no one else around...unlike a massage parlor where there are safety measures for each of the techs.

    Also, she was told that it was leg injuries. But when they get into the private room it turns into a full nude body massage. Something doesnt add up.

    This is not a question or request that you can ask of just anybody. This guy is very careful who he asks this of. She needs a job. She is being offered one, as long as she performs this service. When a predatory person knows something about you (like if you need money) they will use that button.

    And yes, he can be sued under sexual harassment laws. Or even be charged with lewd conduct. What if he flips over nude and OP sees his penis? What if she is upset and goes to the police? Or what if he starts wacking off in front of her? Any business owner is going to know that these are things you do not do in the workplace if you want your business to survive. But the fact that he is asking this of her, does imply that there is something wrong or "off" about him.

  2. #32
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tewt View Post
    I'm surprised he hasn't been sued yet. Or he is very savvy at picking employees that would be ok with it, much like a predator.
    Ding, ding, ding!

    I think people like this have a spidey sense about who is susceptible to their advances. Even the fact that you say he prefers untrained masseuses so he can show them rather than getting a professional who is being paid to customize their massages towards to the client sounds fishy to me.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  3. #33
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Ok, ok, I was just trying to do the possible other side. I would not massage my boss but I have no idea about this type of job.

  4. #34

    Default

    Agreed, I shouldn't put myself in that situation. Simply not worth all of the possible repercussions.

    So what is the consensus on still working for him but without any of the massage stuff?
    We always have a choice.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by little.bad.apple View Post
    Agreed, I shouldn't put myself in that situation. Simply not worth all of the possible repercussions.

    So what is the consensus on still working for him but without any of the massage stuff?
    Personally, I wouldn't work for him. If you were my daughter, I would try to convince you not to work for him either.

    At the least, if you still want to -- run the background checks and google him.

  6. #36
    Senior Member JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,698

    Default

    If you want an easy way out you could tell him your boyfriend found out about the massages (smelled massage-oil on you or something) and despite your assurances that it was all non-sexual etc etc got really jealous. So to placate him you'd like to be excused from massage-duties if it's ok etc etc.

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tewt View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't work for him. If you were my daughter, I would try to convince you not to work for him either.

    At the least, if you still want to -- run the background checks and google him.
    You wouldn't because of mistrust, fear of danger, or why exactly?

    Will do.

    Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    If you want an easy way out you could tell him your boyfriend found out about the massages (smelled massage-oil on you or something) and despite your assurances that it was all non-sexual etc etc got really jealous. So to placate him you'd like to be excused from massage-duties if it's ok etc etc.

    Yes, good one. It seems though, that it's completely fine with him if I just tell him I;m not comfortable with it.
    We always have a choice.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    I've been a secretary for many years, and I do offer my female attorney shoulder rubs when she has been working 16 hour days for days in a row. There is absolutely nothing sexual about it, I took a 10-week massage course, I'm good at it, and I don't mind. I offer it because I can tell by looking at her that she's exhausted and it would do her good. I once went around the table in the workroom and gave every person there 10 minutes of neck and shoulder work.

    HOWEVER. In your situation, I want to say "Come over here so I can see the hole in your head." No no and no, for all the reasons stated above. And the fact that you're not trained/licensed is the most solid reason to use, IMO. A licensed/legal massage therapist has been to a lot of school and done practice massages on a lot of nekkid people. Here are links to some programs so you can see what's involved. If those people with all that education can't massage him the way he likes it, something's wrong with how he likes it, IMO.
    Virginia School of Massage - Our Programs
    Northern Virginia School of Therapuetic Massage - Massage therapy in Northern Virginia, Washington D.C. and Marlyand
    I'm sure you can find others, but my point is, we're talking 60-some hours of course work.

    I have done and have received a lot of massage in my life, and if you want it just like you want it, you train the person you receive from to give it to you that way -- it just happens over time, or it should. So I'm saying whatever he has to do to train you, he would have to do with a professional body worker, too. And massage therapists make outcalls all the time. Someone could come to his office regularly with a portable table and give him however much massage he's willing to pay for.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by little.bad.apple View Post
    You wouldn't because of mistrust, fear of danger, or why exactly?

    Will do..
    Because of the way he proposed this to you. He said it was just leg rubs (already boundary crossing imo) then it turned into a full body nude massage. It is dishonest and disingenious. And this is when you're first getting to know someone. There are some things that I do take at face value and I'm not going to question myself over it, I know who I am but I don't know them. Get what I mean?

    And just by the act of asking you would be too much for me. To me, it says this person is not normal. He has no respect for boundaries. I would also question his mental health. I would be permanently uncomfortable around him.

    Also if you were my daughter asking me this -- I would question your awareness. What is the next ridiculous request? And what will she do then? If she has to ask advice for a situation that makes her feel uncomfortable and should she continue doing it -- I would have serious reservations about her continuing to work in that environment.

    Tiltyred's experience is a lot different reading, it shows how things were handled in a healthy manner for everyone involved. There's no secrecy, no hiding it. Its a fairly comfortable situation for everyone.

  10. #40
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by little.bad.apple View Post
    Anyways, thoughts? reprimands? Perspective please?
    If he asks you to "toss the caber", an extra payment should be requested.

    $50 sounds about right for an "executive massage".

    Don't forget the marigolds.

Similar Threads

  1. let's type my boss
    By skylights in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 12:56 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Typing my boss and Slight work issue
    By Rebe in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 04:47 PM
  3. [NT] So I've had enough of my job and told off my boss
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 06:58 PM
  4. Told my boss I was ENFP.. she says, "Oh No!"
    By absoluteuncertainty in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 01:35 PM
  5. Please help me type my boss
    By JustDave in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 04:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO