First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by little.bad.apple View Post
    Well, he's described the situations with his previous employees.. saying some where fine with it, one backed out after the first time. What sort of retaliation do you mean?Good point.
    i.e. fires you, files criminal charges against you, sues you for injuring him, places you/waits for you to get in a vulnerable situation and then asks you to do something else that further crosses the boundary.

What he is doing is inappropriate and he knows it. You can keep the job if you like but a letter from an attorney may be all that is needed to keep everyone on the up and up.

If it was me I would just quit. But then again that sucks for the next person who gets the job. So if it was me I would at least have an attorney make a written record of what happened for the sake of posterity.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Personally, I'd have no problem with being asked to do this, if I were trained for it. But him training me..I dunno..it's not like he's a licensed therapist himself, and I wouldn't wanna get it wrong and cause injury. I'd be happy to learn though, by taking classes or something. But not just from him. Him telling me how he likes it done can be inserted in that training then.

Most important of all..I'd listen to my gut. If that's telling me there's no reason to doubt him, I'd have no problem with the job on its own. But that's up to you to gauge.

If on the off chance, my gut turns out wrong, I'd quit in a heartbeat. Make sure you know very much what the line is for you. And communicate it clearly to him, so there are no misunderstandings.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ

Physical injuries equals massage by employees? I suppose if he gets a history of being kicked in the nuts, you'll have to massage his penis.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INxJ

This is highly unprofessional.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm surprised he hasn't been sued yet. Or he is very savvy at picking employees that would be ok with it, much like a predator.

I would highly suggest running a background check on him. Intelius has pretty cheap services. Also just google his name and look on social networking sites. He sounds like a creep to me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

What makes it creepy if you pay a massage therapist but not a personal assistant?

I have no idea the legality or anything, sounds weird, but I really don't know.

MBTI
    ENTP

Is she getting paid as a massage therapist? Does she even know how to do it? No, he wants to personally train her. Someone he barely knows, she barely knows him...but he wants to train her how to give him a full body massage while nude. In a private room, all by themselves.

The creep part is someone in a position of power asking (more like demanding) for a "service" that involves touching. Also, from the OP...she needed a job and money, was unsure but wanted to secure the job. Don't think those type of people don't know who they are hiring. He knew, he has done it before. Thats not a question you can ask anyone, its rather bold and he could be potentially sued. So yeah, he knows exactly who he can ask and who he can't. Creeper vibes right there. Who in their right mind would ask that? What payoff is he getting?

And OP sounds very young. More gigantic red flags.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Tewt View Post
    Is she getting paid as a massage therapist? Does she even know how to do it? No, he wants to personally train her. Someone he barely knows, she barely knows him...but he wants to train her how to give him a full body massage while nude. In a private room, all by themselves.
    That's how my massage went when a massage therapist was paid to do it. I really don't know the legality on it but I'm sure the people in this thread don't either and are making an awful lot of comments about how terrible he is.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I am getting the same vibe as Tewt. (and I love to get massage). Its not just the act, something is wrong.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    That's how my massage went when a massage therapist was paid to do it. I really don't know the legality on it but I'm sure the people in this thread don't either and are making an awful lot of comments about how terrible he is.
    The field is regulated with licensing requirements. I do part-time work with a massage therapist (as an accompanying musician), and he teaches classes in it for others to be certified. He has a series of questions he asks each participant regarding their health history, if they have injuries, and some guidelines for communication during the massage. It is for legal purposes as well as to be most effective. There's a fair amount of information that goes into the training.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)