• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Law Enforcement Types?

ESTPgirl

MBTI Type
estp
Enneagram
7w8
I am pursuing a career in law enforcement.

In your opinion, what types will be best suited for a career in law enforcement, police, etc.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I am pursuing a career in law enforcement.

In your opinion, what types will be best suited for a career in law enforcement, police, etc.

Probably not ESTPs, they're usually the ones running away from law enforcement.

ESTJ is the archetypal police officer.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
My dad is a Sargent and he's an ISTP, I think law enforcement would also mesh well with ESTP. Good luck :)

B

brainheart

I think it depends on what your motivation is. SJs I would think would do it to enforce the rules, SPs for the action. Why are you?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I as well am pursuing a career in the field.

I've been a member at a law enforcement forum for a number of years now and not TOO long ago, I threw the MBTI test at the officers of the site because I was curious to see if there was much of a trend on what types gravitate towards LE. A lot of people responded and they were hitting all over the board, but a majority were xxTJ. A few ESTP's in the bunch... -- If you're having any doubts, I have NO doubt that a solid ESTP could make a very fine officer.

[Seeing as how you're ESTP] You want to go SWAT don't you? :D

Good luck in your pursuits.

ESTPgirl

MBTI Type
estp
Enneagram
7w8
I act as an ESTJ while at work and an ESTP at play.

Personal is personal and business is business.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
ST's, STP"s and STJ's for different reasons. STJ more for authority/laws/following rules, STPS for "adventure"/excitrment or the physical activity that it can be