• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need help Im broke

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Well Ive done a few shifts now and here's my impressions...

It's a fantastic place, the guys there are all laid back and easy to get on with and there is a good mix of creative people. But, I am not a bartender (as it is mostly wine and that is my weak side) I am a busser. I know even having a job is great news compared to what I was facing and that it is a nice place is even better, but the fact remains that Ive gone from being headbartender and management positions to bussing and earning a whole lot loss than I did before... And the places I was working in were as good as the better places here. So that is strange to me and I have to keep having my priorities in mind. That Im not here for the money, and I have the oppurtunity to develop a large wine knowledge, + I was bored of doing what I already knew. Then someone tells me to run and get something... I am feeling the effects of what is essentially the result of being g low status, in a subtle way I have little worth and Ive noticed this with the other busser who is always tryin to prove himself. It is great to observe all the goings on from the position Im in, especially after being in other positions... The wage is only just going to keep my head above water (as Im not doing weekends) so Ill need to start looking again soon. So an interesting experience so far...

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Bussing tables at a wine bar... do they pool tips there or does one bartender tip you out?

Yeah, I guess you should try finding a weekend job in addition to that one. Also, maybe move to a cheaper place - where are you living now? with roommates?

New York isn't as bad as everyone says. There's a slice of it for everyone from the mega-rich to the starving artist... keep your head up.