User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Are you sure they have a law school? Maybe you're thinking of USD.
    My bad.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    I know that UCSD is a great school or whatever. But I have lived in SD for about five years now and I need a change of scenery. Not to mention that UCSB is gorgeous and sits on the motherfucking beach. One of my favorite teachers from high school graduated from there and she would gush about SB & how she rode her bike around campus, etc. So I already have this big plan to transfer there with a couple other UCs as my back up plan.

Unfortunately, I was talking to a classmate and she told me she went there and had a lot of problems... One of them being assault. She said she was treated badly as a minority, etc. And now I am just paranoid. I am aware that not all experiences are alike, but now I'm curious as to whether or not something similar would happen to me. Not to mention some of the things she told me was really disturbing and I regret bringing up the subject of UCSB

Should I just stick to UCSD? ;_;
    I grew up in Santa Barbara. Isla Vista (the area surrounding UCSB) is party central and I hear about a lot of instances of sexual assault. There was an article in the paper one time about "the pinch" when a guy walks up behind a girl and gives here a pinch on the rump to get her attention. There was a push to relegate this "flirting" to the abyss of bad ideas. Just be aware there is a sexual component to this school

If you want drugs; Isla Vista is where they are at. Being gorgeous is almost a requirement, casual sex is common etc. It all depends on what you want I guess. Personally, I when I applied to college I did not apply to UCSB. Also, I think you'll get a little more bang for your buck when it comes to living costs in San Diego.

Although I should note that ever since they set a bunch of stuff on fire during the Halloween bash, the parties at UCSB have not gotten quite as wild.
    "God is good but never dance in a small boat." -Anon.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

LMFAO I completely forgot about this post. Anyway, I changed my mind about both schools
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Here's a dumb question . . . what do you plan to study?
    Pharmacy. I was going to get a B.S., but I decided that it'll make more sense to just do two/three years of prerequisites and then apply to a pharmacy school. Luckily for me, I'm an URM

UCSD has a pharmacy school, but you need to have a bachelor's degree blah blah. It's pretty competitive; plus, I already live in San Diego and every single person I know goes to UCSD here we have guaranteed admission so... yea. I'm not too sure if I want to go to school with everyone that I know.

So basically, I've decided to ~expand. The only UC that I'm applying to is UCSF since they do not require a bachelors. Other places include Maine, Washington, etc. Again, either way I have a very good chance at being accepted since I am an URM and a female
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.