User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default How's your work ethic?

How is your work ethic?

Set aside the P/J cliches, please.

I think I have a pretty good work ethic, and I do my absolute best. I'm a stickler for doing things right and have vowed never to go half-assed. But sometimes I break that.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I have a great work ethic at work and in sports. Not as much in academic matters. My work ethic mostly derives from wanting everything to run smoothly, and not letting people down by not doing my part, taking responsibility for what I have promised to do. This is perfect for working and playing in a team, but in school you're just by yourself and you have to be motivated by your own success in academic matters, something that has never been able to give me much spark (in contrast, I can easily be strongly motivated by money).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I always get the job done, and on time.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I have a great work ethic at work and in sports. Not as much in academic matters. My work ethic mostly derives from wanting everything to run smoothly, and not letting people down by not doing my part, taking responsibility for what I have promised to do. This is perfect for working and playing in a team, but in school you're just by yourself and you have to be motivated by your own success in academic matters, something that has never been able to give me much spark (in contrast, I can easily be strongly motivated by money).
    I hear what you're saying.

For me, my work ethic in school is a whole lot more lax. You're right, it's a one-man deal at school, and I just don't have that much motivation.

But in a functions where the benefit of others and an outcome is relied upon by me, I would feel terrible if I gave anything less than my best.

However, quite contradictorily to what I said about school, when I have single jobs, helping people out with things, chores, doing work outside etc etc, I have a strong motivation to do it right and complete just because I feel incomplete and fractured if I know I haven't given something the best of my ability especially when doing it for someone else, because my image relies on that.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I can be a workaholic at times. The only times where I've performed less than my best have been situations where my potential success has been limited. I get bored and frustrated.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I can be a little over the top with work. I love to work and take it very seriously. Studying, papers, actual going to work, whatever, I get to be a raging perfectionist at times. Very good work ethic. Showing up on time, every day. doing things right, doing things fast and efficient. Good additude. I can get to be work a holicky if there is a lot to do. I try not to though. Not sure where it comes from. Certainly not my type. Not my upbringing. Just a random trait I spose.

It slacks a little when I get really tired.

MBTI
    ISTx

If I'm immersed in something I enjoy, or something that's crucial, I'll follow through no problems. When I'm involved in work I enjoy, I'll be a work horse. On the contrary, when I'm doing something that seems trivial and/or totally mundane/monotonous/non interesting, my initiative goes out the window and I'll procrastinate and set the job aside.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    If I'm immersed in something I enjoy, or something that's crucial, I'll follow through no problems. When I'm involved in work I enjoy, I'll be a work horse. On the contrary, when I'm doing something that seems trivial and/or totally mundane/monotonous/non interesting, my initiative goes out the window and I'll procrastinate and set the job aside.
    Though we're at the opposite ends of the spectrum from eachother, we have a lot in common.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

well hidden
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I'm like this as well. I get things done quickly and effectively. But I also like to do as much as is needed and as little as possible without compromising the effective outcome. I like to remind myself that I don't live to work.
    I always try to find some little thing that motivates me during the work I have to do but if it truly is something that I'm not that interested in, I can procrastinate like no other.