User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

It's good...I work better when I'm left to self-motivate, and get lots done in short amounts of time. I tend to piddle and gather the energy I need, and then knock out insane amounts of work at once. I take pride in what I do, and like to be left alone while I'm doing it.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

When it comes to a few special things, I have an excellant work ethic. Everything else? I'll do it tomorrow....

My work ethic doesn't really exist. I'm a procrastinating perfectionist.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

On the procrastination note, what I tend to do is procrastinate and then at the last moment, do everything I am humanly capable of doing in as short a period as time to get whatever work I need done right and at my best potential.

Not a wise habbit, because I often make careless mistakes, but I'm a workhorse in that manner.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I dunno, it's been a while since we spoke to each other.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    How is your work ethic?

Set aside the P/J cliches, please.

I think I have a pretty good work ethic, and I do my absolute best. I'm a stickler for doing things right and have vowed never to go half-assed. But sometimes I break that.
    Alas, my work ethic is just flat out... poor. Last I checked, I'm J, and I usually put in less work than is needed on things. I've been called lazy, undisciplined, waster, etc. But once again - when I am motivated or inspired, I can work really hard. That's when I'm on unstoppable mode (I've found that when I really want to accomplish something, I can do it).

The J/P thing with work ethic is absolute bonkers.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    When I'm motivated, my work ethic is great. But usually, alas, my work ethic is just flat out... poor. I usually put in less work than is needed on things, but once again - when I am dedicated or inspired, I can work really hard.

The J/P thing with work ethic is absolute bonkers.
    Proof that is has nothing to do with Judging/Perceiving.

I know a lot of people who dwell on that. I have an INTP friend who is convinced that he has a terrible work ethic because he is a natural P, as if looking to blame it on something, and does nothing to try to strengthen his ethic.

To me, work ethic is the mark of a man. I always look to pursue things with the best of my ability, or face the consequences. I have high expectations, and when I don't meet them, I feel terrible.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I am definitely a play before work kind of person. I admit to procrastination, showing up a little late in the morning, and several breaks throughout the day. I will however, stay late if really necessary. I don't work to live by any means - it is out of sheer necessity, and I think there's something mentally off with workaholics, haha.

My last job stopped complaining when they saw I always got the work done, done well, and on time. It was usually me who was prodding everyone else to hurry up to meet the deadline. I'd also assume additional responsibility to my official duties, because it often meant making my primary tasks easier and getting the entire thing out of the way faster. That left me more "down time" to relax :P.

I'm all about quality and efficiency, basically. If I can do great work in short bursts and meet my deadlines, then I don't see what the issue is with how much time I actually spend working.

As a designer, you sometimes have to kill time waiting for the cloud of inspiration to rain down, and what seems like goofing off can be a method to enter that zone (no BS, I swear :P). When I am in a creative mood, I accomplish a lot, so I think it makes up for the slacker moments.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

It's very situational.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm afraid I'm the sort OrangeAppled thinks is off. Most Def. Workaholic.

Started working when I was 15, and I haven't stopped since. Just this fall semester I do my military training, first on call for hurricane detail, 5 classes, part-time job as a paraprofessional, and weekend job as a Ren Fair worker. On my days off I clean, improve the house, do tasks set aside for days off, etc. I'm trying to get on a committee to further my community and I could go on, I swear..

Trust me when I say I love just lounging around all day, chillin' and playing.. but only when I feel confident that I've worked everything that needs working. I enjoy earned vacation time thoroughly.

..But when I'm on the job? I think I do well. There is a difference in my motivation level over time if I dislike the work I do, but I've only had one job depress me with it's work so much I HAD to get a different job. I dislike clerical, boring office work. I like moving, shaking, switching, talking, re-arranging, helping, cleaning, anything really. School depresses me, so I work to compensate for it, and look forward to my degree in May.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge