User Tag List

123 Last

Default How do you study?

Music is essential.

Physics/chemistry/biology: I must read the textbook, understand, what it's all about.

Fast forward to test day, 'The universe consists of 200 billion stars.. TRUE or FALSE'

I fail.

How do you study?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I agree, music helps me study a lot more efficiently, although, it isn't always neccessary.
    Chewing gum also helps, lolsies.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Study?
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    INFP

Clairvoyance - I press the textbook against my forehead and I acquire the information instantaneously.

MBTI
    INFP

I tried coffee shops, but all I end up doing is chatting with interesting people. So I stay home now.

No music. No background noise. No food. No water. No texting. No company. No stopping, even when my muscles get sore. I just pause for a quick stretch when I get tired.

It's straight up ingestion of the textbook for hours, shut away in my office with highlighters and notebooks. Sometimes I hand copy pieces of the text to get it in my brain.

And the sad part is, I'm not even kidding.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

Enneagram
    9w8

I have to have something to ignore - multiple types of stimulation at once, so I can focus on one. When I get into "the zone", I can and will work for hours without a break and accomplish more than one would think occurs in the time allotted.

I can not study at home, ever. I have tried many ways of doing so, and simply am not in the right mindset when I am home to do it. So I study in coffeeshops, computer labs, and the library. 'Tis most effective and efficient on my part if I am in front of a computer, due to the multiple points of stimulation bit.

So: music, background noise (even if it's just the hum of a computer lab or buzz in a coffeeshop), and me diddling around for fifteen minutes and then getting into the groove and zooming through what I need to do.

Language and straight memorization, however, are best done with a partner, because having to remember something on the fly works best for me in terms of learning either. Flash cards are great, improvisational conversing is even better. For those two, I hate watching the online videos we are required to view as a part of studying. It's like watching paint dry, but without the chemical high from inhaling the fumes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
    Clairvoyance - I press the textbook against my forehead and I acquire the information instantaneously.
    OH SHIT. Another witty INFP in the house. I challenge you to a battle of wits (quite literally), sometime in the quite-not-so-near-yet-closer-than-the-distant future.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If the weather's nice, sitting outside on campus under a tree or on a bench is good. When it's cold, I have to sit myself down at my desk and focus on what needs to be done. When I write a paper (and I write LOTS) that tends to be the only time I listen to music while I'm doing school work.

Sometimes I lay in bed and read a text book like it's a novel. That works especially well with things like history or psychology.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I need music and gum does help.

With key facts I find some way to link said key fact to something really stupid. Then I'll remember it because it's so stupid.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post

For me, it's all about for whom the bell tolls at the 11th hour. :horor:
    I.e. not studying things out of interest but need for school. Then, its:
    Study or death. The only way to get my ass motivated. High risk.

I also do not like any noise, music, etc. Focus zone. SILENCE!
    Sometimes, I will go to study at a close friend's place, who 'know of my ways' to prod me to 'stay on task'. An external outlet to account to. Baby.