First 567

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by deepthought View Post
    I don't study, I remember just about everything, not to brag but I'm what you'd call gifted.
    Wow, you brought back an old thread... I'll contribute
    I know an ENTP who is like that. I wouldn't call it gifted, I'd call it a subconsciously learnt skill from a really early age. Anyone can learn the skill. You were lucky to learn it subconsciously as you grew up.

I am a bit similar. If I don't study I get a D-C grade. If I study for 2 hours before an exam I get C-B grade. If I study half a day before an exam I'm guaranteed a B. If I study a full day before an exam I get B-A. Anything more is an A. Applies for university and school.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm only still in high school, this may be the reason. I was told by my pre-med cousin who didn't study at all throughout high school and still do really well and when he got to college he realized he had to start studying and shit, I hope I don't meet the same fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Incidentally, I believe that I am a dominant Ti user, and I often have trouble explaining things that I understand well. It's a matter of organizing the presentation of material. I can have it perfectly organized in my head all at once, but structuring the sequential delivery of material so that others understand is a different matter entirely, and requires a different skill set that I am apparently lacking.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

For Philosophy and French:Write it out, then write it out some more, and more, and more, and more, and more. It's possibly THE most time consuming type...

Then make mind maps.

For english lit: write essays on varying themes, and tryyyy and make them conciece, it never works. I'm big on the waffle...

In other stuff it only happens if I really enjoy the thing,then it gets done a litte too obsessively, my fingers cry, my brain aches, my throat stops working and or my bladder explodes.

Essentially expand, concisify, expand, concisify.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

It always depending on subject. I rarely actually studied unless I was on my way to doing badly in a course around mid-semester.

But...

If I was studying a course geared towards the humanities, then my preference was for studying outside in an open space with lots of people around and music. Oooh, and food.

Studying for science and math courses required that I sat in the library to avoid distractions.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    Bald

Yeah I just cram. Night before. I remember it all after that anyway.

your resident asshole

For me, studying is looking at what I have to know about five minutes before the test. I realize that this may not be a good strategy when I get to college...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Tho how do you guys manage to study by cramming when it's stuff like "Advanced Stochastic Processes II" or "Advanced Maths V"
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Math and science I find is best simmered over for a week if possible and then I touch none of it the night before. Makes a nice gaming night, if you ask me. ^_^
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]