First 56789 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Go to trucking school, get your CDL, and become a trucker. Perfect loner's job. And you'll get to explore the world as a bonus.

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Go to trucking school, get your CDL, and become a trucker. Perfect loner's job. And you'll get to explore the world as a bonus.
    This also has the fringe benefit of killing truck stop hookers.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    This also has the fringe benefit of killing truck stop hookers.
    See? What's not to love? Trucking is a seriously underrated profession that clearly pays well.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    See? What's not to love? Trucking is a seriously underrated profession that clearly pays well.
    Until gas goes back up to the $4+ range and the truckers are broke again :/ ..

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    If you're not a people person, you could always become self employed.
    Tried that. Business failed. Evil ESTP partner and clients still had to be interacted with anyway.

---------------

I'm looking for a job again also. It's been 2 months, but it took me 6 months to find a job after college. For the record, I turned down a job offer already, but the idea of working there made my stomach churn, even if I really need the money.

The valuing of people skills and schmoozing over other skills really bugs me also. Everyone I know who is very outgoing and gets jobs easily are otherwise unreliable and unskilled. I find the more quiet, reserved people do much of the work, but often get little credit. People don't have long term vision when hiring; they just go with who they "like".
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Yep, same boat here.

Part-time work isn't really to come by - hell, 7 weeks ago I was rejected for a PT coffee shop gig and she ended up hiring one of the 6 others who applied for it!

And there isn't even temp work, which is a bad sign as far as jobs/economy goes.

What can you do. I maybe find one job I can apply for a week, and I have started assuming I won't hear back for the jobs I'm qualified for, simply because there are huge numbers of other people, just like me, who are also looking for the same sorts of jobs.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTJ

I make money online. Also make passive income online (getting paid for not working). I had to work to create the passive income, but then it keeps going without any further work. Now I work to create higher levels of passive income for me. I love it. I like it way better than working in a job. Making money from home is a reality.

Check out these links:

Ways to Make Money Online

The 4 Hour Work Week

You can work on your online business in your spare time.
    Then once you have your online income at a high enough level, you can kiss your job goodbye and say hello to freedom.
    That's what I did.
    It may be difficult at first, but it's well worth persisting until you succeed,
    because then you're free from all the hassles of the job market forever.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

I'm part of the 1% who actually quit their jobs this year. If I didn't quit I think I would of ended up breaking my leg/knee, then I'd be further fked up the ass.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    I make money online. Also make passive income online (getting paid for not working). I had to work to create the passive income, but then it keeps going without any further work. Now I work to create higher levels of passive income for me. I love it. I like it way better than working in a job. Making money from home is a reality.

Check out these links:

Ways to Make Money Online

The 4 Hour Work Week

You can work on your online business in your spare time.
    Then once you have your online income at a high enough level, you can kiss your job goodbye and say hello to freedom.
    That's what I did.
    It may be difficult at first, but it's well worth persisting until you succeed,
    because then you're free from all the hassles of the job market forever.
    I hear a lot of Americans used to play online poker and make a reasonable living, not because they were good at it, but because everyone else sucks and so they could pull $35k+ a year.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    I hear a lot of Americans used to play online poker and make a reasonable living, not because they were good at it, but because everyone else sucks and so they could pull $35k+ a year.
    I'm good at what I do, but it also helps that most of the people in my field suck at it. They're not very skilled and not highly motivated. George Carlin said that in every field, most of the people suck and there are just a small number who are good/great. That's pretty true. Brian tracy said that the 80/20 rule applies here also: 80% of salesmen make 20% of the commissions, and 20% of salesmen make 80% of the commissions. In my field it's probably more like a 99/1 ratio.

I got a lot of helpful advice from success gurus like Brian Tracy, Harv Eker, Napoleon Hill, Brad Yates, Dan Kennedy, etc. If you don't know how to do well in your life, these guys will set you straight.