half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    True. As of the last couple months i've been making solar panels from scratch on site. Very cheap to do. i only charge for parts, labor and installation of the finished product. A glitch i've found from the get-go....an electrician WILL rack the hell out of a customer for wiring it into the breaker box. So i have to mention that while giving a bid. i still don't quite understand how to report the income from it. So i'm thinking i'll just get a fake social like immigrants do and not worry about it. i'm in kind of an immigrant safe haven city. There are most certainly ways to bypass affirmative action. Go immigrant on em
    Shit, that reminds me that I have to give my schematics to Tallulah... What are you building your panels out of? What size?? It's so easy to wire the breaker box, why would any one pay for that?

Why can't you report your income?

We should really think about a little business, since we are on both sides of the country... I'm being serious.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I can't even get an Effing job at a cheepo diner washing dishes for under minimum wage.

What the Fuck.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Yeah, I can't even get a job at a fast-food restaurant, and that's pretty much the only job I'm qualified to do.

And I don't really have any skills that are marketable, aside from my good looks.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Well this side of the pond is not doing much better either.

The amount of people being made redundant here is ridiculous (me included).

I have been looking for work since May 2nd when i moved into my new place. I have put out 30+ applications so far (8 in the last week) and so far i have only had one interview, i am also registered with 3 agencies. I am currently doing a Health and Safety course (boring as hell) as at least it will look good on my resume.

Employers can be picky now.
    I pray to god things pick up soon. Not bloody likely.
    *sigh*
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Yeah, I can't even get a job at a fast-food restaurant, and that's pretty much the only job I'm qualified to do.

And I don't really have any skills that are marketable, aside from my good looks.
    You'd look pretty nice driving that Dodge Charger..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    You'd look pretty nice driving that Dodge Charger..
    Challenger, dammit!!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Guys..I'm wondering as to whether or not you think I should get a job downtown.

I mean..downtown...

I'm asking you if you think I'd be good enough to work the corner.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Challenger, dammit!!!
    That's the one! I couldn't remember which of the two it was..

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Am looking for a job right now and am not having much success. I, too, am in the trap of not having enough experience but in order to get a job, I need experience, but they don't want to hire me because I don't have experience...well then how the bloody hell am I supposed to get the experience they so desire if no one will hire me!!!

At any rate, the search continues. I have about a month before I'll start getting really scared and right now I'm trying to put out 6 or so applications a week. Statistically, someone has to hire me at some point. I have yet to fall back on the local stores and retail yet, but if I have to, I certainly will.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INTJ

Can you count cards like the rainman, or do you just have that shitty version of autism without any super abilities?
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.