• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

worst type for the military

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes to both.:)

And then we got trained as 11M, one of the first classes. That I enjoyed.

And now that MOS is gone...LOL.

I was 12A and later 12C. I'm not sure I would have done too well in the infantry. I was lazy enough to want to ride into battle.

Did they wrap 11M into 11B when the Bradley's came out, or after that? It's been a while since I was in.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
ISTP is potentially an extremely bad type for the military. The only thing I will hate more than the enemy is taking orders from you. My mother always used to joke: "I never have to worry about a draft, they'd throw you in the brig or kick you out before you made it to battle".

We are natural fighters, but working as a team, regulations, and taking orders, are not strong points of mine.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not sure I even dare to ask, but if you feel like it, feel free to elaborate on what must be like the 10 zillion reasons why infantry is a bad place for INFP's...

No place for alone time. Most guys in Infantry are the macho type, conversations usually are cars, how many women you did and how, how you will kill an enemy...etc. Anyone not like them is viewed with suspicion at best. And when Infantry is in garrison, you do all the crap work, there isn't much on the job training to do. So you mow lawns, do post garbage detail, shine brass...etc. Remember, a monkey with a slingshot can be Infantry. :)

I was 12A and later 12C. I'm not sure I would have done too well in the infantry. I was lazy enough to want to ride into battle.

Did they wrap 11M into 11B when the Bradley's came out, or after that? It's been a while since I was in.

11M was created for the Bradley...then I suppose they just decided to simplify. It's been 20 years since I was in.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
ISFP
INFP
ENFP

Honestly, I'd find some reason to fight for the other side. There would be times when I'd much rather be killed, than kill.
Plus, no one tells me what to do and gets away with it for long. I'd be horrible.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmmm ... we were always trained to sit tight and call down artillery and smoke on the machine gun nest, call in an air strike, or let the tanks roll over them. I would hope an officer was creative and intelligent enough to do the same. I do get your point though. At some point you're going to have to do something that screams against every fiber of your being ... whether it be taking a human life or placing your own on the line. No amount of creativity or intelligence will get you out of that one.

Life in the military is kind of like life under monarchy. If you have an intelligent, competent leader, it can be great. If you are under a command of a douchenozzle, you are SOL.

Unfortunately there are more shitbirds in the world than superstars, and military is no exception.

:hi:

Garrison sucked donkey wangs, I lived to go on maneuvers or road marches.

P.S. Infantry is not a good place for INFPs.

While in the Marines, I knew this one INFP who really, REALLY wanted to be in the infantry. It was like a cat trying to get accepted into a dog pack. It wasn't gomer pyle bad, but it was still a sad sight.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
My type, I'm a conscientious objector by personal grounds.

On technical grounds, I'm totally captivated by weapons technology. Even though I hate to admit it, I often read articles about weapon technology - small arms, rocketry, propulsion systems, radar, etc. It's just absolutely fascinating. The engineering challenges are extremely competitive, uhh, and you can't understand the extent I'd love to be involved in research in that area.

It's a captivating idea to be at war and defeat someone. But, it's captivating like a horror movie might be captivating. I'm really in for negotiation, and I guess only excessive and unwarranted national pride could overcome one's ability to reason and compromise.

War? Interesting as hell. I'll skip it anyhow. Thanks.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can see INTP and INFP as being worst. That said I have been tempted off and on to get into the technology side things. Back when I was a teenager I was in a paramilitary organization specifically for the 12 to 19 crowd. I made it to the top just on the stuff in my head and how I applied it. My last target scores from those days had the chief of police from my hometown asking me if I wanted a job after I graduate high school. I have the abilities to be an asset; I've just been wavering on it for the last 8 years, now.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I met one ENTJ who was devastating as a military leader. Inspirational, charismatic, great hierarchical organizer, and an excellent grasp of strategy. Wasn't Dwight Eisenhower an ENTJ or INTJ?

I would like to meet this NTJ you speak of.

Mole

Permabanned
no one tells me what to do and gets away with it for long. I'd be horrible.

Both my parents were Naval officers. And my mother told me, "Victor, if you want to give orders, you must first learn to take orders".

So fortunately they gave me something to rebel against and I become a hippy.

And I discovered there were three kinds of hippy - political hippies, drug hippies and mystical hippies. The political hippies destroyed themselves with violence. And the drug hippies destroyed themselves with drugs. And of course I was a mystical hippy.

And even as our military are taking women into combat roles, I notice they are not taking hippies - mystical or not.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
While in the Marines, I knew this one INFP who really, REALLY wanted to be in the infantry. It was like a cat trying to get accepted into a dog pack. It wasn't gomer pyle bad, but it was still a sad sight.

Ack!

I'll bet he thought it would be glamorous. Another thing about the Infantry is, many, if not most, of the skills you learn aren't in demand by employers in the civilian world. :doh:

After all, being able to hit a target at 500 yards with rifles, 20mm cannon, grenade launchers, etc. And being able to field strip them. As well as performing various violent actions with little to no moral qualms. Really doesn't have much utility in a majority of the world.

If my life would have been more stable, and I had had less of a chip on my shoulder, I would have gone into another MOS. Something with a little more value in future employment terms.

I just hope the douchenozzle(great descriptor...:D) percentage in the population goes down, as some of them get taken out.

...What am I saying? A new one appears out of a steaming pile of cow crap every minute. :D I forgot they spontaneously generate.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
I would like to meet this NTJ you speak of.

I lost track of him over the years. He ended up switching to national guard and becoming a general (political appointment). He was a pretty good political animal as well.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
Another thing about the Infantry is, many, if not most, of the skills you learn aren't in demand by employers in the civilian world. :doh:

I ran into the same problem when I got out. Tanks and cavalry don't translate well to the civilian world either. About the only qualification I had was management, and I'd had it up to the gills with that career track. After dealing with people problems for 13 years, I never wanted to see it again. I ended up having to go back to school to retrain myself with something useful for the civilian world.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ack!

I'll bet he thought it would be glamorous. Another thing about the Infantry is, many, if not most, of the skills you learn aren't in demand by employers in the civilian world. :doh:

After all, being able to hit a target at 500 yards with rifles, 20mm cannon, grenade launchers, etc. And being able to field strip them. As well as performing various violent actions with little to no moral qualms. Really doesn't have much utility in a majority of the world.

Yes, but once the inevitable World War Z comes around, those skills will be priceless.

Man, can't wait for that thing to roll around - it'll be my chance to shine.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Yes, but once the inevitable World War Z comes around, those skills will be priceless.

LOL!

You wouldn't perchance, have a couple of nice fragmentation grenades I could borrow would you?

:D:devil:

I promise to bring them back when I am done with them...

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
LOL!

You wouldn't perchance, have a couple of nice fragmentation grenades I could borrow would you?

:D:devil:

I promise to bring them back when I am done with them...

Im afraid that type of weaponry has minimal effect on the zed-targets. I suggest you stick to the old "one shot one kill" drill.

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

You might be surprised.