User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    So does that make you a passefist for hating the military, or a war monger for wanting to kill everybody in it? -

Hmmm... So if I was at war with some country, all I need do is get them to draft you! Then you'd do all the work for me! Neat!
    haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Appreciate it.

Maybe one day you'll understand the importance and necessity of the military.
    I don't really see it. But it's true, I wasn't serious.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    haha

I don't really see it. But it's true, I wasn't serious.
    If you look at the history of the world, you'll see that man doesn't have a history of living at peace with others nor a restraint on trying to take and possess more through violent means. It might seem like an oxymoron, but a military is necessary for world peace/security - in the long run.

I know you're not American, so it might no be of much significance to you but if it weren't for the minutemen that comprised the Continental Army for the American Colonies (yes, this would be a military), we wouldn't have been able to achieve independence from Britain and America wouldn't be what it has been/is today.

If you look at the history of the world, you'll see that man doesn't have a history of living at peace with others nor a restraint on trying to take and possess more through violent means. It might seem like an oxymoron, but a military is necessary for world peace/security - in the long run.

I know you're not American, so it might no be of much significance to you but if it weren't for the minutemen that comprised the Continental Army for the American Colonies (yes, this would be a military), we wouldn't have been able to achieve independence from Britain and America wouldn't be what it has been/is today.

Yeah, that's okay. But why do we need troops in Afghanistan? It makes everything worse. Organised 'war' doesn't make sense to me. If independence is needed enough people will fight it. But Americans using dangerous weapons are no good.

MBTI
    ISTx

^Because there's a strong Taliban presence in Afghanistan and Bin Laden is thought to be hiding somewhere along the Pakistan/Afghan border. Bin Laden and his Al Qaeda organization are closely affiliated with the Taliban. They're all political/fundamental religious groups that are violent, militant and harbor terrorism and are a threat to the stability that we're helping to instill in the region.

It's blood for blood... We aren't using any weaponry that isn't necessary. Google "IED" if you want to get a glimpse of dangerous and vile weaponry. It's been a haymaker on our troops.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Here's how I'd rank types in terms of ability to stand being in the military.

Perfect Type for the Military
    ESTP

Close To Perfect
    ISTP, ENTJ, ESTJ, ESFP

50/50
    ISTJ, ENTP, ISFP, ENFJ, ESFJ, INTJ

Will Have Trouble
    ENFP, ISFJ, INTP, INFJ

Worst Type For Military
    INFP

Extraverts, Sensors, Rationals, Artisans, Sensing-Thinkers, and Intuitive-Judgers all have some advantages in a military environment- applying to all types except the INFP.

Introverts, Intuitives, Guardians, Idealists, Sensing-Feelers, and Intuitive Perceivers will all have some disadvantages with such an environment- applying to all types except the ESTP.

However, this changes once you get higher in command. Move all the Intuitives up a tier and the Sensors down one.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ISTx

Why would you put IS/NTJ as 50/50?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber
    You're totally off about the ISFP thing - you mistake them as soft, but many ISFPs can be truly hardened men. MY brother is ISFP and in the army and is doing great there and is a seargant already.
    I'm not surprised to hear this.
    ISFPs are quiet and laidback. However, they are not always softies. In fact, they can often seem like INTPs- except a lot more down-to-earth.
    I think it's the Se that does it.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Why would you put IS/NTJ as 50/50?
    Both ISTJ and INTJ are Introverted which puts them at a disadvantage in the military environment where they have very little alone time.

There are other reasons why I put them at 50/50.

Many of the ISTJ's I know are uncomfortable with being opportunistic. They enjoy being dutiful. However, compared to some other types, this soft-spoken Guardian often runs into some disadvantages. However, the ISTJ benefits from being practical, hands-on, and comfortable with giving and taking orders.

As for the INTJ, it's not that the INTJ wouldn't make a competent soldier. However, even more than the ISTJ, the INTJ would probably not be able to stand the military environment for very long. The INTJ can be opportunistic and very much enjoys giving orders.

MBTI
    ISTx

^Fair enough. I'll agree that introversion does commonly put one in the military at a disadvantage.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

One might think Introverts would have the staying power though. The natural ability to be more patient with tedium or routine and keep their heads down until time to emerge.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious