User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    In high school I began to realize that there was something different about my personality. I now know that it was the fact that I was a young "INxx" wondering why I didn't fit in with the "ESxx" masses. I just didn't get them and they didn't get me. But, my military experience REALLY made that stand out. 2 years into the military, I thought that I had serious problems. I felt so much out of my element and so frustrated with the life I was living, that I just felt like I had some serious issues and that I may never figure out what they were.

Just imagine going to "ESTJ Disneyland" every single day for 4 years. At ESTJ Disneyland, you can't question the rules, you have to shut up and do it - and as others have mentioned, there are times when what you're doing makes zero sense.

It was a great experience that I also would not trade in. But, truth be told, it was at times - excruciating. Imagine asking an ESTJ/ESTP to sit at home and research the life work of people like Plato and Aristotle, and to write long, well thought out, grammatically correct essays about their lives. And to join a think tank and spend countless hours engaging in abstract thinking without any real, tangible production. These kinds of activities ALLLLL day. Every day. For 4 years. With 150 INTP's looking over your shoulder and saying, "You're not doing it right! You're not thinking creatively enough. You're just writing very basic, straightforward stuff."

OK, I'm exaggerating but the point remains. At times, it REALLY sucked. Somehow, I'm still glad I did it. And I did well. I just had to conform and really be someone I didn't want to be. It was not a natural fit at all.
    I can definitely relate. I felt much the same way during my time in uniform.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Definitely INFP. Inferior Te will cause them to always be the one who fails. The INTP on average will do ok.
    Here we go.....INFP's can't do anything because all they do is FEEL. Can't string a single logical thought together.
    Not only is it insulting, it's old hat. Get some new material.

To every one else, carry on, this is interesting. Night hawk, I always find your posts interesting and informative.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

OK, I'm exaggerating but the point remains. At times, it REALLY sucked. Somehow, I'm still glad I did it. And I did well. I just had to conform and really be someone I didn't want to be. It was not a natural fit at all.
    Exactly, it might not be easy for an INTP. But we learn a lot from it and will learn to appreciate the experience.

And I think an INTP is perfectly capable of pulling through because of that.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Night hawk, I always find your posts interesting and informative.
    Thank you

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    I would rather kill everyone involved in the military than join it.
    So does that make you a passefist for hating the military, or a war monger for wanting to kill everybody in it? -

Hmmm... So if I was at war with some country, all I need do is get them to draft you! Then you'd do all the work for me! Neat!

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    I would rather kill everyone involved in the military than join it.
    Appreciate it.

Maybe one day you'll understand the importance and necessity of the military.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Appreciate it.

I would personally love to see the day when I don't see the importance and necessity of the military. Probably won't though. I don't think hommefatal was totally serious, though. ENFP and all. Sensitive subject that I don't won't to be serious about right now, myself... so

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Appreciate it.

I caught a fair amount of flak from being in the military ... spit on, flipped off, rocks thrown at me, and (of course) shot at. Often this was done by people who's country I was protecting with no desire to be there. Ironically, if they'd had a better military to manage their own defense, I wouldn't have had to be there. I'm not talking about countries where we were the invader, either ... rather allies. Caught a fair amount of crap from my own countrymen too though. It's a pretty thankless job.

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Definitely INFP. Inferior Te will cause them to always be the one who fails. The INTP on average will do ok.
    INTPs work in the Manhattan Project

Definitely INFPs.

MBTI
    ENFP

xNFP, I can't decide which is worse, probably ENFP because they would be more likely to desert than take orders.

Edit: ENFP if it's a draft, INFP if it's voluntary.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"