Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    - teachers don't (can't) walk up to your face and scream at you/namecall, etc

- 6-7 hours a day, 5 days a week, with different teachers is much more tolerable than 24/7

- Relatively MUCH more freedom/individuality in school than in the military

- in primary/secondary school, you don't want the school calling your parents if you act up. In the military, all the consequences are upfront/within legal bounds.
    For real, though.

It's why there's a difference between military school and regular schooling, too.

People who are aware of their own strengths and weaknesses aren't "immature" in my opinion, either. I think it would be much more immature to join the military because other people wanted you to or you wanted college money, only to end up going AWOL or something. A friend of mine got a dishonorable discharge from the military at a young age for something similar.

I know myself and I know what I'm good at and where I don't belong.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    - teachers don't (can't) walk up to your face and scream at you/namecall, etc

- 6-7 hours a day, 5 days a week, with different teachers is much more tolerable than 24/7

- Relatively MUCH more freedom/individuality in school than in the military

- in primary/secondary school, you don't want the school calling your parents if you act up. In the military, all the consequences are upfront/within legal bounds.
    There's a method to the madness. Schools aren't teaching you to deal with high stress situations. They are teaching you something different, which requires a different method of teaching. You might have more freedom in a school, but they aren't paying you either.

I can completely understand why a lot of people don't join the military. It isn't for everyone. I was only commenting on how frequently I hear people make that statement about drill sergeants. Only once have I ever seen a Drill Sergeant actually get right in someone's face and yell, and the situation was so absurd that even a civilian probably would have done the same thing.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I have been in the military(Navy), I did not like it, it is almost anti-individuality, group think mentality. I think IPs would have alot of problems in the military, it so much clashes with their easygoing, passive natures, the military is soooo heavily TeSi-oriented, with dashes of Fe and Se. The military is highly selective to begin with(depending on branch), so it does take a special kind of person to be successful and actually enjoy their military experience. Another unpleasent aspect of the military is since they see everyone as a "group" that means everyone is held accountable for the actions of every other individual in the group, one person messes up, everyone messes up.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I could somehow manage being in the military. I am a knee-jerk anti authoritarian, but I can proactively compensate. THEY sense it though, and they don't really like me all that much. It wouldn't be a successful career.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I could somehow manage being in the military. I am a knee-jerk anti authoritarian, but I can proactively compensate. THEY sense it though, and they don't really like me all that much. It wouldn't be a successful career.
    That's a reasonably normal pattern. I had alot of problems stiffling my "non verbal insolence" - there is just something that radiates off me when I don't respect someone. Not suprisingly many of my superiors picked up on this and this made life tough at times.

That said I had an awful lot of respect for my "drills" - they were exceptional men and if you ever considered the long hours and the frustrations they experianced (there are few things more annoying than seeing somebody dressed in a uniform they have no yet learned to wear).
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by jimrckhnd View Post
    That's a reasonably normal pattern. I had alot of problems stiffling my "non verbal insolence" - there is just something that radiates off me when I don't respect someone. Not suprisingly many of my superiors picked up on this and this made life tough at times.

That said I had an awful lot of respect for my "drills" - they were exceptional men and if you ever considered the long hours and the frustrations they experianced (there are few things more annoying than seeing somebody dressed in a uniform they have no yet learned to wear).
    Yeah the drills are basically in there with the recruits in boot camp, when I was in boot camp they would leave around 10 PM, take a 2-3 hour drive home and be back around 5 AM. They only get about 3 hours of sleep a night, no wonder why they're so pissed off.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

worst type for the military?
    Pacifist!

Pacifist!

Pacifist!

I win.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Smile I am a person not a type.

In order to teach us to kill the military need to dehumanise us. They need to turn us from persons into types. And MBTI is perfect for the purposes of the military.

And when they try to recruit you, just say, "I am a person not a type, make love not war".

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Worst type?

GHEY
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    In order to teach us to kill the military need to dehumanise us. They need to turn us from persons into types. And MBTI is perfect for the purposes of the military.

And when they try to recruit you, just say, "I am a person not a type, make love not war".
    You don't need to dehumanize someone to make them kill. It's a perfectly human act.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume