User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

How your type does in the military is very heavily dependent on what your job and rank is. More job/unit than rank, though.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I am way too much of an esfp prima donna to function in the military without getting into trouble constantly.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Did I mention how bad I'd be in the military? I'd cry about having to get up that early in the morning and yell back at the drill sargeants because I wouldn't let them tell me what to do. I might even hit somebody. That would not be good.

I also might get together with some others like myself and work to sabotage something about the military I thought was corrupt, and then I'd just be thrown in federal prison, so I'd realize this just in time and go AWOL instead.

Me and the military is a BAD BAD SCENE. It's one of the worst jobs you could stick me in. You know, that, working at a factory, or like being an investment banker...probably the three worst jobs I can think of on the face of the earth.

At least garbage men get to go outside and don't have their lives completely controlled or have to work 120 hours per week.

Did I mention I'm terrified of violent combat?

ReflecTcelfeR

Yeah... I'm not very good at being broken. I would mock the instructors when they told me to do something, consistency??? Slothful! Can't I just do five now and work throughout the day to get my ten done?... Yeah. I'd get the shit jobs and then not do them.

I think, out of possibility, the XXFPs would be the worse off.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    How your type does in the military is very heavily dependent on what your job and rank is. More job/unit than rank, though.
    Definitely this. Besides the whole rules and regulations, it is possible to be any type and like/hate the military depending on the type of job the person is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Did I mention I'm terrified of violent combat?
    Again, depending on what you signed up for (and if they let you into that job or not) you might not even see much or any combat at all. It just so happens that combat is the most widely publicized part of the military.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

MBTI: NFs, ISFPs
    Enneagram: 4s, 5s, 8s, 9s
    Instinct Variant: Sp/Sx, Sx/Sp, Sx/So,
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ

I think it's interesting how many people (irl, not just here) talk about how they couldn't be in the military because they would tell their Drill Sergeants off. It's like a badge of pride or something. That's like saying you couldn't go to school because you would tell your teachers off for telling you what to do. When people do these things it's normally more of a mark of immaturity than individuality.

I'm not picking on people in this thread, though. It just reminded me of how many times I've heard this irl.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Oddly, i think i could handle it.
    In a hypothetical situation of course.
    It seems to me that it takes away any responsibility for oneself, kind of like packing boxes in a warehouse.
    Oh but i wouldn't actually go and fight and kill people, that would be wrong.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I think it's interesting how many people (irl, not just here) talk about how they couldn't be in the military because they would tell their Drill Sergeants off. It's like a badge of pride or something. That's like saying you couldn't go to school because you would tell your teachers off for telling you what to do. When people do these things it's normally more of a mark of immaturity than individuality.

I'm not picking on people in this thread, though. It just reminded me of how many times I've heard this irl.
    - teachers don't (can't) walk up to your face and scream at you/namecall, etc

- 6-7 hours a day, 5 days a week, with different teachers is much more tolerable than 24/7

- Relatively MUCH more freedom/individuality in school than in the military

- in primary/secondary school, you don't want the school calling your parents if you act up. In the military, all the consequences are upfront/within legal bounds.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's immaturity to think that screaming in people's faces is not an effective way to teach them or mold them?

Most teachers don't yell in people's faces like drill sargeants.

I guess everyone who doesn't want to get in lockstop with some violent authority figure is "immature."

So did you ever take that test, "Would you have been a Nazi?"