First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Imagine asking an ESTJ/ESTP to sit at home and research the life work of people like Plato and Aristotle, and to write long, well thought out, grammatically correct essays about their lives. And to join a think tank and spend countless hours engaging in abstract thinking without any real, tangible production. These kinds of activities ALLLLL day. Every day. For 4 years. With 150 INTP's looking over your shoulder and saying, "You're not doing it right! You're not thinking creatively enough. You're just writing very basic, straightforward stuff."
    Um, these sound more like ISxJ activities than anything else.

As for which type would be the worst in the military, I'm going to go with ExFP.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

The fundamental question of which type is worst for the military can only lead to a general conclusion that doesn't apply to every member of that type; INFP, but not all INFP's.

The military is a strictly Te-Si (order, perfection, no-nonsense, strict, uniform) based organization that doesn't even consider the individual values of particualr soldiers; take your command and get the job done like you're told so; no Fi at all.

(Seargent Heartman is the spitting image of the ESTJ military archtype).

Thus Fi domes would probably not be all that well suited if certain commands contradict with their strongly wrought internal values. But unless forced to join, most people join the military because they want to, so I imagine for those Fi and Ti users who are in the military, it's because they're there of their own free will and thus, their internal systems of logiac and values are not threatened by the presence of the military atmosphere.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Plus, dont forget that not every military in the world is the US military. Some countries have a pretty different logic when it comes to army size or general approach towards combat.

What can potentially change the answer(s) to this thread greatly.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Plus, dont forget that not every military in the world is the US military. Some countries have a pretty different logic when it comes to army size or general approach towards combat.

What can potentially change the answer(s) to this thread greatly.
    I agree.

People will no doubt base their answers on what they see happen in movies. The irrational but unconditional loyalty and discipline, the no questions asked attitude, etc, etc. That will no doubt fit worst with NTP types.

But the military is a little broader than just that. There are plenty of positions in the military that would fit great for NTP's, no doubt.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I knew an INTP that was in the Marine core for several years. To be honest, I think there are far too many other variables at play here when it comes to performance in the military.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

One of the various IPs to start with (including even ISTP, but probably the least of them).

MBTI
    INTP

I spent a number of years in the American army and as an INTP I was effective at my job but was never particularly comfortable with the culture. As a result I left - and that cost the taxpayers a great deal of money. As a general rule I'd suggest to an INTP that they not join the military - if for no other reason our tendency to not respect hierarchies and authority not based on demonstrated competency is a real problem.

It is not that they cannot function effectively there if put into the proper functional areas – but they are not as likely as other types to be happy there and I’d suggest far less likely to make it a career.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I'd be miserable in the military, and I'd half-ass everything and eventually get booted out.

So, INFJs may not be the best bet. It doesn't really seem like a Fe playground anyway. lmao
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

The only letter out of "INTP" that serves you well in the military is "T". I, N, and P all work against you. N is only good in certain positions. INTP's thrive on independence. Independence of thought, independence of time, independence of decision making, etc. We like to march to the beat of our own drum. You can't do any of this in the military. It's actually quite the opposite. It's about doing what you're told to do - right now!

I'm very glad that I experienced it. It was good for me. But, I don't ever, ever want to do it again.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I could've done really well in the military. I also could've gone to jail for sedition against my superiors. I'm glad I got out. (probably not jail, but serious shit regardless)

I know people of all types in the military, and it takes a special kind of person. I don't think it's type related, but however insane this sounds, if you really like playing team sports and being part of a group you probably would like it. The higher in rank you look, the more homogeneous everyone is. There are exceptions though, I knew some really high ranking people that were INTPs. Intellectually stimulating careers do exist in the military, but they are rare.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.