User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    no one tells me what to do and gets away with it for long. I'd be horrible.
    Both my parents were Naval officers. And my mother told me, "Victor, if you want to give orders, you must first learn to take orders".

So fortunately they gave me something to rebel against and I become a hippy.

And I discovered there were three kinds of hippy - political hippies, drug hippies and mystical hippies. The political hippies destroyed themselves with violence. And the drug hippies destroyed themselves with drugs. And of course I was a mystical hippy.

And even as our military are taking women into combat roles, I notice they are not taking hippies - mystical or not.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post

While in the Marines, I knew this one INFP who really, REALLY wanted to be in the infantry. It was like a cat trying to get accepted into a dog pack. It wasn't gomer pyle bad, but it was still a sad sight.

Ack!

I'll bet he thought it would be glamorous. Another thing about the Infantry is, many, if not most, of the skills you learn aren't in demand by employers in the civilian world.

After all, being able to hit a target at 500 yards with rifles, 20mm cannon, grenade launchers, etc. And being able to field strip them. As well as performing various violent actions with little to no moral qualms. Really doesn't have much utility in a majority of the world.

If my life would have been more stable, and I had had less of a chip on my shoulder, I would have gone into another MOS. Something with a little more value in future employment terms.

I just hope the douchenozzle(great descriptor...) percentage in the population goes down, as some of them get taken out.

...What am I saying? A new one appears out of a steaming pile of cow crap every minute. I forgot they spontaneously generate.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    I would like to meet this NTJ you speak of.
    I lost track of him over the years. He ended up switching to national guard and becoming a general (political appointment). He was a pretty good political animal as well.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Another thing about the Infantry is, many, if not most, of the skills you learn aren't in demand by employers in the civilian world.
    I ran into the same problem when I got out. Tanks and cavalry don't translate well to the civilian world either. About the only qualification I had was management, and I'd had it up to the gills with that career track. After dealing with people problems for 13 years, I never wanted to see it again. I ended up having to go back to school to retrain myself with something useful for the civilian world.

MBTI
    INTJ

Ack!

I'll bet he thought it would be glamorous. Another thing about the Infantry is, many, if not most, of the skills you learn aren't in demand by employers in the civilian world.

After all, being able to hit a target at 500 yards with rifles, 20mm cannon, grenade launchers, etc. And being able to field strip them. As well as performing various violent actions with little to no moral qualms. Really doesn't have much utility in a majority of the world.
    Yes, but once the inevitable World War Z comes around, those skills will be priceless.

Man, can't wait for that thing to roll around - it'll be my chance to shine.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Yes, but once the inevitable World War Z comes around, those skills will be priceless.

LOL!

You wouldn't perchance, have a couple of nice fragmentation grenades I could borrow would you?

I promise to bring them back when I am done with them...

MBTI
    INTJ

LOL!

You wouldn't perchance, have a couple of nice fragmentation grenades I could borrow would you?

I promise to bring them back when I am done with them...
    Im afraid that type of weaponry has minimal effect on the zed-targets. I suggest you stick to the old "one shot one kill" drill.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Im afraid that type of weaponry has minimal effect on the zed-targets. I suggest you stick to the old "one shot one kill" drill.
    Okey Dokey Smokey...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

You might be surprised.

MBTI
    INFX
    Socionics
    IEI

INxPs, and to a lesser extent, INxJs.