User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Yes to both.

And then we got trained as 11M, one of the first classes. That I enjoyed.

And now that MOS is gone...LOL.
    I was 12A and later 12C. I'm not sure I would have done too well in the infantry. I was lazy enough to want to ride into battle.

Did they wrap 11M into 11B when the Bradley's came out, or after that? It's been a while since I was in.

MBTI
    ISTP

ISTP is potentially an extremely bad type for the military. The only thing I will hate more than the enemy is taking orders from you. My mother always used to joke: "I never have to worry about a draft, they'd throw you in the brig or kick you out before you made it to battle".

We are natural fighters, but working as a team, regulations, and taking orders, are not strong points of mine.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    I'm not sure I even dare to ask, but if you feel like it, feel free to elaborate on what must be like the 10 zillion reasons why infantry is a bad place for INFP's...
    No place for alone time. Most guys in Infantry are the macho type, conversations usually are cars, how many women you did and how, how you will kill an enemy...etc. Anyone not like them is viewed with suspicion at best. And when Infantry is in garrison, you do all the crap work, there isn't much on the job training to do. So you mow lawns, do post garbage detail, shine brass...etc. Remember, a monkey with a slingshot can be Infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    I was 12A and later 12C. I'm not sure I would have done too well in the infantry. I was lazy enough to want to ride into battle.

Did they wrap 11M into 11B when the Bradley's came out, or after that? It's been a while since I was in.
    11M was created for the Bradley...then I suppose they just decided to simplify. It's been 20 years since I was in.

MBTI
    INTP

11M was created for the Bradley...then I suppose they just decided to simplify. It's been 20 years since I was in.
    Ah yes ... I remember now. It's been 17 years for me.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

ISFP
    INFP
    ENFP

Honestly, I'd find some reason to fight for the other side. There would be times when I'd much rather be killed, than kill.
    Plus, no one tells me what to do and gets away with it for long. I'd be horrible.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INTJ

Hmmm ... we were always trained to sit tight and call down artillery and smoke on the machine gun nest, call in an air strike, or let the tanks roll over them. I would hope an officer was creative and intelligent enough to do the same. I do get your point though. At some point you're going to have to do something that screams against every fiber of your being ... whether it be taking a human life or placing your own on the line. No amount of creativity or intelligence will get you out of that one.
    Life in the military is kind of like life under monarchy. If you have an intelligent, competent leader, it can be great. If you are under a command of a douchenozzle, you are SOL.

Unfortunately there are more shitbirds in the world than superstars, and military is no exception.

Garrison sucked donkey wangs, I lived to go on maneuvers or road marches.

P.S. Infantry is not a good place for INFPs.
    While in the Marines, I knew this one INFP who really, REALLY wanted to be in the infantry. It was like a cat trying to get accepted into a dog pack. It wasn't gomer pyle bad, but it was still a sad sight.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

My type, I'm a conscientious objector by personal grounds.

On technical grounds, I'm totally captivated by weapons technology. Even though I hate to admit it, I often read articles about weapon technology - small arms, rocketry, propulsion systems, radar, etc. It's just absolutely fascinating. The engineering challenges are extremely competitive, uhh, and you can't understand the extent I'd love to be involved in research in that area.

It's a captivating idea to be at war and defeat someone. But, it's captivating like a horror movie might be captivating. I'm really in for negotiation, and I guess only excessive and unwarranted national pride could overcome one's ability to reason and compromise.

War? Interesting as hell. I'll skip it anyhow. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Unfortunately there are more shitbirds in the world than superstars, and military is no exception.
    Word. I couldn't agree more.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I can see INTP and INFP as being worst. That said I have been tempted off and on to get into the technology side things. Back when I was a teenager I was in a paramilitary organization specifically for the 12 to 19 crowd. I made it to the top just on the stuff in my head and how I applied it. My last target scores from those days had the chief of police from my hometown asking me if I wanted a job after I graduate high school. I have the abilities to be an asset; I've just been wavering on it for the last 8 years, now.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I met one ENTJ who was devastating as a military leader. Inspirational, charismatic, great hierarchical organizer, and an excellent grasp of strategy. Wasn't Dwight Eisenhower an ENTJ or INTJ?
    I would like to meet this NTJ you speak of.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.