User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Oh right, no response from Victor. I guess that's become an MO--show up, make a hilarious claim about MBTI users that willingly misinterprets its uses--then disappear without response to criticism.

Right. You're going to have to come up with some new material, Victor, or even fewer people will take you seriously than already do.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I have a male ESFP cousin who got kicked out of the Army during bootcamp.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

I would suck in the military - can't follow orders. Would also have a serious existential crisis in relation to the institution.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    I served 13 years active duty in the Army, starting with 4 years of military school. It sucked.
    Then why would you subject yourself to all that for so long?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    Then why would you subject yourself to all that for so long?
    I was seriously misguided and determined to make it work. I mistakenly thought that if I just tried harder, it would all magically coalesce into something enjoyable ... or at least tolerable. Then there was the carrot of free grad school dangled in front of my nose if I could just stick out a few more years. Ultimately, when grad school went away ... so did I.

I also had a big chip on my shoulder that I needed to prove something to my father ... the war veteran. Once I had a war under my belt however, the rest of it ceased to have any meaning and I was "free" to go my own way.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I was seriously misguided and determined to make it work. I mistakenly thought that if I just tried harder, it would all magically coalesce into something enjoyable ... or at least tolerable. Then there was the carrot of free grad school dangled in front of my nose if I could just stick out a few more years. Ultimately, when grad school went away ... so did I.

I also had a big chip on my shoulder that I needed to prove something to my father ... the war veteran. Once I had a war under my belt however, the rest of it ceased to have any meaning and I was "free" to go my own way.
    Did you at least get a good amount of money from the almost two decade ordeal you had with the army?

Also look on the bright side... you didn't die.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Did you at least get a good amount of money from the almost two decade ordeal you had with the army?

Also look on the bright side... you didn't die.
    They gave me a five-figure chunk of change when I got out. My ex-wives blew everything prior to that. I also got VA and GI Bill benefits. I rarely use the former, but parlayed that latter into a masters degree. Then there are the intangibles ... like some self-discipline and a willingness to be satisfied with less (Hey, nobody is shooting at me and I get to work indoors ... this is great ). ... and yes, staying alive was a key point as well.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ Yeah but ESTPs have way too many problems with authority and impulsive behavior.

You really can't run a military operation with unpredictable soldiers.
    Good point. Plus ESTJs will be disciplined soldiers.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

OMG I can TOTALLY relate to the overall premise here. People keep telling me "Scott, you cant change other people [or at least force them to change anyways]" but little idealistic ol me keeps thinking "If I just stay in another day *something* will change. Some things do change, but usually only small things.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    OMG I can TOTALLY relate to the overall premise here. People keep telling me "Scott, you cant change other people [or at least force them to change anyways]" but little idealistic ol me keeps thinking "If I just stay in another day *something* will change. Some things do change, but usually only small things.
    I kept hoping the next promotion would take me to greener pastures. I also hitched my star to a transfer to military intelligence with the hope that it would be more appealing to my type (even though I didn't know I was INTP at that time). Neither came to fruition. Basically, I had to slog through a bunch of crap jobs to try to grab the brass ring ... which was a moving target. I did enjoy being a unit commander, as I had a tremendous amount of autonomy and was literally the lord of all I surveyed. Alas, that was only fleeting as well.