User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Default A choice to make

I'm usually quite straight forward when it comes to what to do next, but I've encountered somewhat of a problem. I've just recently been booted out of my chemistry course for being lazy, maybe they'll sort it out and let me back in... maybe not, who knows? I have one week left to spend, and I really need to focus my energy on something. The choice I have to choose between:
    a) Working on the topic that I'm being kicked out of, and hope that they let me take the exam and that I ace it
    b) Work on the other topics I have and make sure that I don't fail more than one subject, even though I'm going to be booted anyway, and then move on to option c
    c) focusing on ensuring that I have job for the next 8 months

The thing is, I really want to move on to option c, likely because it would be a new exiting thing to do, but in reality, option c sounds wrong as I would be wasting all of the time I spent on this year. (I'm an XNXP btw, don't let me fool you )
    5 3 9

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Can you do A and if all else fails then move to C?

My employer (Telstra) just 'downsized' in our department and cited my 'priorities to university' as the reason for letting me go, oh and i was the only contractor in a really small department, so i was also the easiest to cost cut. It bugs me because I'd so been hoping to catch swine flu and give it to the team effectively wiping out a government based department of Telstra... oh well, my dreams of anarchy are now over...

Anyway, random tangent, back to the matter at hand, nothing is ever a waste of time as long as you learn/grow/get something from it. Do you really WANT to be in the course? If so, i vote option A and whine your hardest to get back in,if it doesn't work then you still have C. if not, and you actually care about the other subjects focus on them so go B then C.

But if you really couldn't care less, then go with C and say f*ck the f*cking f*ckers till you are actually inspired to not be a lazy arse =)

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    Can you do A and if all else fails then move to C?

My employer (Telstra) just 'downsized' in our department and cited my 'priorities to university' as the reason for letting me go, oh and i was the only contractor in a really small department, so i was also the easiest to cost cut. It bugs me because I'd so been hoping to catch swine flu and give it to the team effectively wiping out a government based department of Telstra... oh well, my dreams of anarchy are now over...

Anyway, random tangent, back to the matter at hand, nothing is ever a waste of time as long as you learn/grow/get something from it. Do you really WANT to be in the course? If so, i vote option A and whine your hardest to get back in,if it doesn't work then you still have C. if not, and you actually care about the other subjects focus on them so go B then C.

But if you really couldn't care less, then go with C and say f*ck the f*cking f*ckers till you are actually inspired to not be a lazy arse =)
    well, I'm going to fall back on option C anyway, so I guess I shouldn't worry too much about it. I think I'm going to have to work on A and B at the same time, as well as whinge as much as possible... I guess, you never know, they might be entertained enough to let me complete the course
    5 3 9

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Ahhh the triple play! Awesome, whinging always makes working hard go so much easier. Well, not really, but it makes everyone else around you suffer as much as you are

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Ahhh the triple play! Awesome, whinging always makes working hard go so much easier. Well, not really, but it makes everyone else around you suffer as much as you are
    Which makes you feel better right
    I'm not a fan of whinging really, I'm moreso a fan of not doing any work and just enjoying myself . I should really get stuff done, but I look for excuses and try to do other things instead...
    5 3 9

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Ahhh procrastination.... if there was a degree in it i would so have a PhD by now... case in point, i've had all semester to write a media portfolio, it was meant to be due friday, the date got extended till tomorrow and somehow i am STILL faffing about with the formatting and not actually getting anywhere with it...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Ahhh procrastination.... if there was a degree in it i would so have a PhD by now... case in point, i've had all semester to write a media portfolio, it was meant to be due friday, the date got extended till tomorrow and somehow i am STILL faffing about with the formatting and not actually getting anywhere with it...
    I wonder if creativity is connected to this somehow, I'm suspecting that if you don't feel that what your meant to work on will let you be creative, then you might not feel like doing it so much

Well, I'm going to make cue cards to see if it'll encourage me , but the act of doing something new will probably be just as inviting as the creativity part, so I don't know if I'd be discovering something just yet...
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

... Option C it is
    5 3 9

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hahaha! it was the most attractive one? I'm trying out a combo of A&C

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Hahaha! it was the most attractive one? I'm trying out a combo of A&C
    It's gigantic allure just ripped me out of my frame of mind
    I don't think the AC combo works all that well, I want to spend all my chips at once, so I just decided to let it rip and go nuts. I'll have a job within the week, believe it!

My goals just really aren't all that attuned to getting through a university course, someone without a goal is a useless drone and a waste of time, and the more definite that goal, the stronger it is.
    5 3 9