User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Default i want to teach lots of things.

I'm a music ed major, and wrappin' it up. But I love math, and history, and, philosophy. Music has strengthened my Fe, and now I (really) love everything. And I love teaching. So my question is, fellow teachers, can a guy get by without a teaching degree?

Can you teach with just the degree? I just don't want to student teach again if I go back. Plus, it only takes a year, year and a half to get the other degree, since I've already been...

MBTI
    SEXY

I don't know how it works where you live, but over here in the Netherlands high schools are allowed to hire a small percentage of teachers without a teaching degree. Those teachers still need to have finished a major in the subjects they teach though.

It's funny how the title of this thread immediatly gives the (correct) impression that this thread was made by an INTP.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Hi Run,

You don't need a degree to work in third world countries. You only have to be responsible, able to successfully manage and teach the children. Also it is a major plus on your behalf if you hold an American, British or Canadian passport. (Read blonde/light brown hair, light eyes, or at least look like a foreigner.) Parents will easy pay more that way. There are plenty of school looking for teachers in many third world countries.
    *Hint come to Egypt*
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Unless things have changed an awful lot since I got my certification many moons ago, it's not that many hours to get certified...why not just do it?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Student teaching takes a whole semester.

MBTI
    INTP

Perhaps you should apply and take the courses while you figure out how you can get by without a degree. If you don't find a way, you're already on your way to getting it anyway.

I have a cousin with some sort of a business degree who is teaching chemistry and art. I'm not sure how she worked that out but she has been doing it awhile.