User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do too many people accept jobs that don't satisfy them?

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I'd like to see a study on the average hours worked by people on those places. I know it's not a 9-5.
    Probably not. But that's a pretty big spread, 8 hours vs 1 hour. 8 hours is pretty light compared to what people have been required to work historically, out of necessity.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

3w2 so

I always get fired, when I dont like the job. The last job I applied for and got fired later, I was still drunk from the day before, when I applied, so thats prolly why I didnt notice that it sucked .

No, I am still very young and I worked as a student now in different jobs to get a glimpse on the possibilities. I worked as a technician in a factory, which grew boring after a while. I worked as an engineer for a consulting company, which was fun, but the job was terminable. Now I work for my hometown for the department that boosts economy in my hometown as a consultant engineer. I get to know a lot of companies there and influencial people + different views on the business world thats a great deal of education. Those consultant jobs really rock, cause you are the only guy that knows the shit and everyone treats you like Jesus himself .

I wonder what I will do after university is finished. I am thinking about politics (to start off small )
    Johari / Nohari

"How dreadful!" cried Lord Henry. "I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect."
    ~ Oscar Wilde - The picture of Dorian Gray

Yes. People do accept jobs they don't enjoy--not always on purpose.

I got into a job I loved, and I ended up hating it after a few years. I don't think I am the type of person who can stay in one profession for my whole life.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Just a statistic Array rhinosaur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    As an ENTP, I can't imagine that someone would actually pay me to do what I would find most fulfilling. And I don't even know what that is, either, except it would probably involve some combination of beer, computers, and scantily-clad women.