User Tag List

First 1234 Last

"The world needs ditch-diggers, too."

- Judge Smails
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Does anyone else thinks that this chart could be wrong for them ?
    I think charts are always useless but I am not helping I know
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    many people are willing to submit themselves to something that doesn't satisfy them, replacing their drive and idealism with apathy and acceptance under the guise of realism (I'm going to get so much slack for this. Bring it on!! ) but it'd be even more depressing if they are actually being realistic about society and this is the actual truth.
    The biggest difference between now and the past centuries is that now no one forces people to work all day everyday. Unless you force it on yourself by living above your possibilities (consumerism) or by linking your self esteem to your job (work ethic).
    Avoiding workaholism, there's still enough time left to fill the pyramid outside the job.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I have seen this chart a few times and I am sure that it is not correct for me.

I am sure that level 3 and 5 should swich their positions in my case.
    It's been said that Maslow's hierarchy applies for NFs more than any other type, especially with their search for identity being their fundamental "goal"; other types have other pursuits.

It might be worth another thread..

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I bet on a commune you can get away with maybe 1 hour of work per day. If someone doesn't want a 40+ hour work week, doesn't want to be homeless, and can't become self-employed somehow, it could be a good choice.
    You seem to know a lot about freeloading. Care to expound?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    You seem to know a lot about freeloading. Care to expound?
    Are people on communes freeloaders?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Are people on communes freeloaders?
    You were talking about working only 1 hour per day in a commune. That's certainly not pulling your weight.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Yep, there's unemployment and there's competition and there's an economical crisis world-widely and people need to work and get money, one way or another.

In my experience, even a job that "satisfies" you on some level, is still a job and has plenty of elements that won't be all that satisfying at all.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    You were talking about working only 1 hour per day in a commune. That's certainly not pulling your weight.
    I'd like to see a study on the average hours worked by people on those places. I know it's not a 9-5.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    First and foremost:
    Now she could be correct but it's just rather depressing thinking that many people are willing to submit themselves to something that doesn't satisfy them, replacing their drive and idealism with apathy and acceptance under the guise of realism (I'm going to get so much slack for this. Bring it on!! ) but it'd be even more depressing if they are actually being realistic about society and this is the actual truth.
    Man, this is like kicking a puppy...

Unless you are extrordinarily talented and/or lucky (baseball players, rock stars, and unemployed billionares spring to mind) the majority of your adult life (outside of sleep) will be spent in various states of misery and boredom. I reccomend copious amounts of alcohol to compensate for this fact.