First 45678 Last

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I hated being watched, too. Part of the reason why I am no longer a performing musician... I have the ability to turn off myself and just be on stage and deal with it, but I feel sick to my stomach after.

Same problem doing math at the board. Wow, I totally forgot about that - what a recessed memory...

MBTI
    enfp

i like math

matrix algebra, for some reason i really like doing proofs.

what annoys me is when social scientists try to use too much math in their research though. the fact is that doing real research and writing formulas are not usually anywhere close to being the same talent.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I guess I really dislike math because it shows a lot of my inner flaws.

I'm not as detail oriented as I wish I was. I'm not capable of always looking at something and knowing instantly what to do. These things show up a lot in math.. where the concept seems simple, and I feel confident, but then I get out on my own for it all and flop somehow. I Think I did well on a test, and it turns out I didn't.. Everything looks so simple in theory, but it's never that simple when working things out on your own.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I pretended to suck at math to get together with a very HOT INTJ blonde from my class who helped people, who are not that bright. When I came to her house and we went past the learning part she kept telling me about the hot boy that lives next to her house and always undresses in the morning when she can watch. I of course had no muscles... Math + Life = suck
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    In college I did logic instead of math. I made straight As.
    I did logic as well (although I did calculus, too, but didn't go beyond calc II). Even the more advanced logic topics were more intuitive to me than regular math. I have no idea why...I think it has something to do with the way it was taught. Proofs in logic were always so much more fun than anything we ever did in calculus. Statistics wasn't bad, though.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

I used to love math--even passed the AP Calculus BC test during my junior year of high school. Nowadays, half way through college, I haven't had a single math class since, and now math scares me. Why? Because I basically can't remember anything beyond 10th grade. Most of Algebra II, most of pre-calc, and virtually all of AP Calc have completely vacated my brain, and as such, the thought of having to relearn all of it (which is what it feels like) is probably the biggest deterrent.

Then again, I'm a humanities major, so it's not like I'll truly be needing it any time soon. Still, I do sort of miss the good ol' days of being somewhat skilled at it...
    MBTI: ENFJ | Enneagram: 4w5

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I don't like math simply because I've never had a teacher that could explain it well enough for me to understand. I've also never had the drive to work hard at it because it takes too much brain power for so little reward. I'd rather golf.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I don't enjoy math because I suck at it. Seriously no matter how hard I try, I just can't "picture" it. When I try to solve a problem, it's like there's a block that I can't overcome. This is how I was in school, anyway. Now I am good at figuring math out if I don't consiously do it!

MBTI
    INTP

I was actually pretty good in math when I was very young but something happened (which I won't get into) that turned me off of it completely when I was in second grade.

Ever since then I've pretty much ignored it as much as possible and focused all my attention on writing, literature & so on from that point forward.

Sometimes I wonder what would have happen, if only...
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Wilson View Post
    I was actually pretty good in math when I was very young but something happened (which I won't get into) that turned me off of it completely when I was in second grade.
    i was very good at math as well, they moved me into the next grade level's advanced math class. so, in 5th grade i was in a 6th grade advanced math class. then i realized that those math kids got beat up and ostracized a lot, so i stopped trying and got very bad at math.
    now i am terrible at math, really horrific. i guess you can divide numbers by other numbers!? craziness!

oh, by the way, my best friend is studying graduate level math and theoretical physics at MIT. it is a mystery that we ever became such close friends.